none
Windows 7 Disk Image Burner

General discussion

• I just used Windows Disk Image Burner to burn an ISO file to a DVD disk. It worked great and was fairly quick for a 4 GB file. I've always had to use a third party software to burn these or use a trial since I don't do this often. Finally a Windows OS with some great features built in! Great addition MS! Thanks.
    HP dv9535nr Triple Boot: XP Pro SP3, Vista Ultimate X64, Windows 7 RC1 X64
    Sunday, June 28, 2009 3:49 AM

All replies

• Wow thanks for pointing this feature out! The more I use Win7 the more I'm liking it!
    Sunday, June 28, 2009 11:35 AM
  • Where do I find this Disk Image Burner feature?

Monday, June 29, 2009 9:14 AM
  • Just double click on a .iso image file in your files and it will pop right up unless you have another program installed that is default for that file extension. I havn't seen it in the start menu or by doing a search. Very handy tool!
    HP dv9535nr Triple Boot: XP Pro SP3, Vista Ultimate X64, Windows 7 RC1 X64
    Monday, June 29, 2009 1:20 PM
  • It's a wonderful feature but MS needs it to work in both directions:  wheres my right-click "make ISO from this Disk" option?

ISO is just an invaluable format in the age of virtual machines, and it's amazing to me that full support still isn't present.

Until then this is a brilliant little tool: http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/W7.htm  The funny part being the entire "program" is <800KB so clearly nothing fancy is going on; It's merely calling features already present in the OS.
    Monday, June 29, 2009 3:30 PM
  • What to do when Burn Disc Image does not appear?

I recently found that after right clicking on an ISO the Burn Disc Image menu selection did not appear. This will happen after installing a 3rd party program that has associated itself with ISO files. This makes another program the default program for handling .iso files.

To fix this you have to reassociate Windows Disc Image Burner with the default file types it can handle, which are .img and .iso files. Here is how to do it: click the start button, control panel, programs, set your default programs, select Windows Disc Image Burner in the left hand column, and click Set this program as default. You can also verify which programs will open with Windows Disc Image Burner by clicking Choose Defaults for this program. The types .img and .iso should be checked.

Handling default programs and associating file types with them is much easier in Windows 7.
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:43 PM
  • I know I've seen this defaul programs feature but I can't find it now.  Are you saying Control Panel/Programs and Features???  I don't see anything about default programs in there, unless I'm over looking it somehow.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 10:24 PM
  • Ok, I found it.  When in large icons view it's directly under the control panel.  When in category view it's under the "Programs" catagory.
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 10:33 PM
  • Right-click the ISO file and 'Open With..' - ImageBurner

Mick

Sunday, December 05, 2010 9:45 AM
  • Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!  Not sure how I dis-associated Windows Disc Image Burner with ISO files, but I needed it and it wasn't showing.  This entry was the ONLY one I could find that helped me repair it.  Thanks TRB!
    Sunday, March 13, 2011 10:27 PM
  • the program name is isoburn.exe
    Sunday, March 11, 2012 8:41 PM
  • i had magicISO as default, and couldnt for the hell of me find out how to burn it with disc image burner, neither does it show up in search!

do this, RIGHT CLICK the ISO, and OPEN WITH, windows disc image burner.

ack ack

Monday, May 07, 2012 7:56 PM
  • OH MY GOD IT WAS SO EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WOW
    Sunday, May 20, 2012 12:04 AM
  • Thanks for the tip! I found WinZip had taken over association on mine.

Thursday, June 27, 2013 4:37 PM
  • Ii Windows 7 I found it in ->  Control Panel | Programs | Default Programs
    Thursday, June 27, 2013 4:40 PM