none
Software Center can not be loaded. There is a problem loading the required components for Software Center RRS feed

• Question

• When I want to refresh a machine that was recently installed with Windows 10 1607 using SCCM 1606 (with all hotfixes) using Software Center I get the following error message:

"Software Center can not be loaded. There is a problem loading the required components for Software Center"

Installing applications works as expected.

This behavior is not consistent. Some of our machines show this error all the time, some don't, some show this error and a few min later the error is gone and imaging starts.

We would really like to use this feature within our organization (+/-5000 devices), but this is not acceptable for live deployment.

Anyone the can help with a possible solution?

Friday, September 2, 2016 11:33 AM

Answers

• Dear Sir,

Sorry, I've not be able to find a working fix of this problem. I would suggest to take one of the computer and dive deep into testing and troubleshooting. For example, any log files recorded locally in event viewer or CM log SCClient*****.log? Have you tried to disable some Anti-malware programs? Re-install CM Agent? Use process monitor tool to monitor it?

If it is really urgent, I recommend opening a support case with Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) as they can work with you to solve this problem.

Best regards

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 9:16 AM

All replies

• Dear Sir,

Sorry, I've not be able to find a working fix of this problem. I would suggest to take one of the computer and dive deep into testing and troubleshooting. For example, any log files recorded locally in event viewer or CM log SCClient*****.log? Have you tried to disable some Anti-malware programs? Re-install CM Agent? Use process monitor tool to monitor it?

If it is really urgent, I recommend opening a support case with Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) as they can work with you to solve this problem.

Best regards

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 9:16 AM
  • I had this issue, and it was pending windows update requiring restart that broke it for me .

Monday, February 27, 2017 1:42 PM
  • Hi Dan....How did you fix your issue ? By reinstalling the SCCM Client software ?
    Monday, March 6, 2017 9:29 AM
  • Hi All,

The solution for this issue was:

Powershell.exe Invoke-WmiMethod -Namespace root\CCM -Class SMS_Client -Name SetClientProvisioningMode -ArgumentList $false

I hope it works for you as well.

• Proposed as answer by Gary E. Lee Thursday, November 16, 2017 8:33 AM
    Tuesday, September 5, 2017 11:17 AM
  • Hi All,

Powershell.exe Invoke-WmiMethod -Namespace root\CCM -Class SMS_Client -Name SetClientProvisioningMode -ArgumentList $false

But how did you fix it? Did you go into CMD and type the command or did you follow some kind of path? You reply didnt make much sense that you got it fixed without the steps lol. Plz help! :)
    Monday, September 25, 2017 2:49 PM
  • Thank you. Entering that command string at the DOS prompt to invoke PowerShell fixed my problem. Note, I did receive some error messages back from PowerShell, but the problem got fixed anyway.
    Thursday, November 16, 2017 8:32 AM
  • Thank you Balazs,

I had a similar problem and, again, your PowerShell invocation fixed it.

Regards,

Tim

Wednesday, January 3, 2018 8:57 PM
  • Worked GREAT for me, thank you!
    Monday, July 9, 2018 5:31 AM
  • Run command prompt as administrator. Then copy and paste exactly what you see.

"Powershell.exe Invoke-WmiMethod -Namespace root\CCM -Class SMS_Client -Name SetClientProvisioningMode -ArgumentList $false"

Press enter, that's what worked for me.

Monday, July 9, 2018 5:33 AM
  • Hello could you help have the same problem. Try run command prompt as administrator(on sccm server).  but have a result:

C:\Windows\system32>"Powershell.exe Invoke-WmiMethod -Namespace root\CCM -Class
    SMS_Client -Name SetClientProvisioningMode -ArgumentList $false"

The system cannot find the path specified.

Also find some lig on SCClinet

Unhandled exception was caught. (Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.SingleInstanceApplication at OnGetException) SCClient 24.07.2018 12:18:28 1 (0x0001)

Exception caught in OnGetException, line 195, file E:\bt\888377\repo\src\SoftwareCenterApplication\App.cs - Type System.Management.ManagementException: Signature verification failed when intializing connection to WMI. (Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.SingleInstanceApplication at OnGetException) SCClient 24.07.2018 12:18:28 1 (0x0001)

We update SCCM on  1802 (with https connection )

• Edited by Ostroushko Tuesday, July 24, 2018 9:29 AM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2018 9:08 AM
  • You need to remove the quotes.....
    Thursday, July 26, 2018 6:31 PM
  • Create a new thread for a new question. Will get better attention and better chance of getting help. :-)

Also, if your SCCM client is in provisioning mode, fire up a administrative powershell and run:

Invoke-WmiMethod -Namespace "root\ccm" -Class "SMS_Client" -Name "SetClientProvisioningMode" $false

Verify if your client is in provisioning mode by browsing following in registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CCM\CcmExec

The string value ProvisioningMode will be set to either true or false

Martin Bengtsson | Blog: www.imab.dk | Twitter: @mwbengtsson
    If a post helps to resolve your issue, please remember to click Mark as Answer.

Thursday, July 26, 2018 7:47 PM
  • This command did not help me.

Invoke-WmiMethod -Namespace "root\ccm" -Class "SMS_Client" -Name "SetClientProvisioningMode" $false

Looking in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CCM\CcmExec     --  ProvisioningMode = false

Any suggestions?  I'm stuck. 

Thanks!

Thursday, March 14, 2019 9:14 PM
  • Create a new thread for a new question. Will get better attention and better chance of getting help. :-)

Also, if your SCCM client is in provisioning mode, fire up a administrative powershell and run:

Verify if your client is in provisioning mode by browsing following in registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CCM\CcmExec

The string value ProvisioningMode will be set to either true or false

Martin Bengtsson | Blog: www.imab.dk | Twitter: @mwbengtsson
    If a post helps to resolve your issue, please remember to click Mark as Answer.

This worked great for me, now I've added it to my "scripts" in SCCM for the odd times this happens. BTW A REBOOT IS REQUIRED
    Thursday, May 30, 2019 4:07 PM
  • It worked for me Thank you very much !
    Wednesday, June 26, 2019 2:11 PM
  • Tried all the tricks here and elsewhere and nothing worked... so I reinstalled WIN 10 and all is well.
    Wednesday, July 17, 2019 7:22 PM
  • Finally figured out what causes this. When I remote in to servers to perform updates manually the SCCM system tray notification pops saying there "New software available. Click to view the available software". If you ignore the notification popup when you try to open the Software Center it produces this error message. At this point you can click ok on the error messages and the next attempt to open the Software Center works without issue. If you click the notification popup the Software Center opens without producing the error message. Seems like a bug cause by the notification popup.

Paul

• Edited by PRAMAG Monday, July 22, 2019 5:32 PM
    Monday, July 22, 2019 5:30 PM
  • I know this old, I am getting the same error on some clients and immediately go and check execmgr.log file where I sometimes found the client is being upgraded or repaired.

On some other clients it is a corrupted dotnet library that needs to be repaired or even a required restart for a dotnet component to complete update.

Cherif Benammar

Monday, July 22, 2019 9:51 PM
  • Unhandled exception was caught. 	 (Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.SingleInstanceApplication at OnGetException)	SCClient	9/12/2019 12:05:28 PM	1 (0x0001)
    Exception caught in OnGetException, line 195, file X:\bt\1022889\repo\src\SoftwareCenterApplication\App.cs - Type System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object. 	 (Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.SingleInstanceApplication at OnGetException)	SCClient	9/12/2019 12:05:28 PM	1 (0x0001)
    StackTrace:    at Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.ViewModels.SoftwareListViewModel.<UpdateListAsync>d__124.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.Pages.PageControls.SoftwareListControl.<UpdateListAsync>d__22.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.Pages.PageControls.SoftwareListControl.<OnActivatedAsync>d__4.MoveNext()
       at Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.Pages.PageControls.SoftwareListControl.<AvailableApplicationsListView_LoadedAsync>d__6.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)	SCClient	9/12/2019 12:05:28 PM	1 (0x0001)
    Call to ExecuteQuery failed, Query: "Select * From CCM_Application WHERE UserUIExperience = TRUE" 	 (Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.Data.WmiConnectionManager at ExecuteQuery)	SCClient	9/12/2019 12:07:28 PM	10 (0x000A)
    Exception caught in ExecuteQuery, line 465, file X:\bt\1022889\repo\src\DataAbstractionLib\WmiDataProvider\WmiConnectionManager.cs - Type System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException:  	 (Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.Data.WmiConnectionManager at ExecuteQuery)	SCClient	9/12/2019 12:07:28 PM	10 (0x000A)
    StackTrace:    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
       at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext()
       at Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.Data.WmiConnectionManager.ExecuteQuery(String query)	SCClient	9/12/2019 12:07:28 PM	10 (0x000A)
    Found exception of type System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException; wrapping in type Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.Data.WmiException 	 (Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.Data.WmiException at .ctor)	SCClient	9/12/2019 12:07:28 PM	10 (0x000A)
    Unhandled exception was caught. 	 (Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.SingleInstanceApplication at OnGetException)	SCClient	9/12/2019 12:07:28 PM	1 (0x0001)
    Exception caught in OnGetException, line 195, file X:\bt\1022889\repo\src\SoftwareCenterApplication\App.cs - Type System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object. 	 (Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.SingleInstanceApplication at OnGetException)	SCClient	9/12/2019 12:07:28 PM	1 (0x0001)
    StackTrace:    at Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.ViewModels.SoftwareListViewModel.<UpdateListAsync>d__124.MoveNext()
       at Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.Pages.PageControls.InstallationStatusControl.<UpdateListAsync>d__20.MoveNext()
       at Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.Pages.PageControls.InstallationStatusControl.<OnActivatedAsync>d__4.MoveNext()
       at Microsoft.SoftwareCenter.Client.Pages.PageControls.InstallationStatusControl.<statusListView_LoadedAsync>d__8.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)	SCClient	9/12/2019 12:07:28 PM	1 (0x0001)

Thursday, September 12, 2019 9:05 AM
  • I just ran into this today with ConfigMgr 1906 on a Windows 10 1903 client, and the powershell method shown above worked perfectly.  Thank you!
    Monday, October 21, 2019 3:05 PM
  • I get the same problem. Trying to load MSFT Software Centre so I can run Credential Guard Disable so I can run a VM on VMWare that doesn't like Credential Guard. :| MSFT Software Centre fails to load. OMG just trying to do my job is firstly stacking problems and then one-by-one removing them from the stack. I spend more time resolving MSFT issues than I am productive. IHML.
    Sunday, November 3, 2019 11:24 PM
  • When you say, worked for me, what does that really mean? Setting provisioning mode to false will just inactivate  the "feature" that fails, won't it?
    Sunday, November 10, 2019 11:27 AM
  • What does this command actually tell the machine to do?
    Monday, November 11, 2019 2:48 AM
  • Hi All,

But how did you fix it? Did you go into CMD and type the command or did you follow some kind of path? You reply didnt make much sense that you got it fixed without the steps lol. Plz help! :)

Still works.

Thanks a lot

Per Elmsäter

Friday, January 24, 2020 8:44 AM
  • Does anyone have any other ideas regarding this error message because this fix didn't work for me on any of my servers. 
    Thursday, February 13, 2020 1:17 AM
  • did you see my remark above?

"I know this old, I am getting the same error on some clients and immediately go and check execmgr.log file where I sometimes found the client is being upgraded or repaired.

On some other clients it is a corrupted dotnet library that needs to be repaired or even a required restart for a dotnet component to complete update"

Cherif Benammar

Thursday, February 13, 2020 8:13 AM