none
why my sound driver not detected in windows 7?

Question

• i have notebook acer aspire 4520 and before this problem my OS is vista,, now i installed windows 7 but my sound driver not working,,,,
    i have been installed that driver again and again but same,,, my notebook sound not working
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 2:43 PM

Answers

• Hi drixtanoyo,

Please first download the audio driver for Windows 7 from the Acer website HERE. Select your laptop and then choose the operating system edition you have. What is the result?

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

If the issue persists, please go to Device Manager and check the status of the sound card by the steps below:

1. Click "Start", input "Device Manager" (without quotation marks) in the Search box, and then press "Enter".

2. Double-click "Sound, video and game controllers" to expand it.

3. Double-click the installed Sound Card to open its Properties.

4. On the General tab, please check the message in the Device Status section.

Then, if the device is working properly, please follow these steps to check the sound settings:

1. Click "Start", input "mmsys.cpl" (without quotation marks) in the Search box, and then press "Enter".

2. Click the "Playback" tab, choose the default sound playback device, and click "Apply".

3. Double click the output device, on "Levels" tab, check if the sound is mute and then click Apply.

In addition, please double check all cable connections between the sound card and speakers. Please make sure the speakers are correctly connected and the power is on.

Also, you can try another pair of speakers or headphone and see if the issue occurs.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, November 30, 2009 1:57 AM
    Monday, November 23, 2009 7:44 AM

All replies

• Because you did not go to the Acer Support website and download the Windows 7 software and drivers for your laptop.  Those items are not part of the Windows 7 DVD but must be obtained from the manufacturer/vendor of you laptop. http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/download.htm
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 6:17 PM
  • this problem in software or hardware ????,,,, i'm worried if problem in hardware...
    i have been check acer support website my laptop,acer aspire 4520(serial) not there in compatible for win7 (not compatible for windows 7)
    Monday, November 23, 2009 12:25 AM
  • Hi drixtanoyo,

Please first download the audio driver for Windows 7 from the Acer website HERE. Select your laptop and then choose the operating system edition you have. What is the result?

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

If the issue persists, please go to Device Manager and check the status of the sound card by the steps below:

1. Click "Start", input "Device Manager" (without quotation marks) in the Search box, and then press "Enter".

3. Double-click the installed Sound Card to open its Properties.

4. On the General tab, please check the message in the Device Status section.

Then, if the device is working properly, please follow these steps to check the sound settings:

1. Click "Start", input "mmsys.cpl" (without quotation marks) in the Search box, and then press "Enter".

2. Click the "Playback" tab, choose the default sound playback device, and click "Apply".

3. Double click the output device, on "Levels" tab, check if the sound is mute and then click Apply.

In addition, please double check all cable connections between the sound card and speakers. Please make sure the speakers are correctly connected and the power is on.

Also, you can try another pair of speakers or headphone and see if the issue occurs.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, November 30, 2009 1:57 AM
    Monday, November 23, 2009 7:44 AM
  • @What is the result?
    i have been download and installed but not working

on the general tab , at he device status section....
    i found "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" what is it mean?
    Monday, November 23, 2009 11:12 AM
  • @What is the result?
    i have been download and installed but not working

on the general tab , at he device status section....
    i found "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" what is it mean?

It means the sound device cannot start.  You will need to contact Acer Support to determine the cause of the hardware failure.
    Monday, November 23, 2009 12:36 PM
  • Also, you can try uninstalling the audio device by the steps below:

3. Right click on the sound card and then click Uninstall.

4. Restart the computer.

5. Please check if the audio works now. If not, run Windows Update and see if the driver can be downloaded and installed.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 2:26 AM
  • Linda I'm having problems  with sound as well on windows 7.  i dont have a video, soun or game controller icon in device manger. I think that is part of the problem.  HP says my laptop not compatible with win 7. What can i do?

HP Pavilion Zx 5000.           Soundmax sound card i think.

Friday, December 04, 2009 7:27 AM
  • Ihaving same prob.  I dont even have vidoeo, sound or game controller in device manager
    Friday, December 04, 2009 7:31 AM
  • Linda I'm having problems  with sound as well on windows 7.  i dont have a video, soun or game controller icon in device manger. I think that is part of the problem.  HP says my laptop not compatible with win 7. What can i do?

HP Pavilion Zx 5000.           Soundmax sound card i think.

There's not much you can do if HP is not providing Win 7 drivers and utilities.  You could try searching the internet to see if you can find the needed software & drivers.  If HP doesn't publish the drivers, then Microsoft will not have them in the Windows Update.  Microsoft does not write software and drivers for third party hardware.
    Friday, December 04, 2009 12:11 PM
  • Thanx. Your advice helped alot.

SiN!

Thursday, September 27, 2012 7:20 AM