none
Problem in Windows 7 Installed on IBM Thinkpad R40e

Question

• I've installed Windows 7 a week ago,but the strange thing has happened
    During installing ATI radeon IGP 330M display Driver from IBM,My computer was turned to blue screen when restart windows. Why?

Friday, March 13, 2009 8:12 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd suggest installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

If the problem still persists, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system (only the beta version) and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; some old driver is not compatible with new OS. I suggest that you should wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Friday, March 27, 2009 3:56 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Rekka Shirogane Sunday, April 05, 2009 7:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rekka Shirogane Sunday, April 05, 2009 7:41 AM
    Friday, March 20, 2009 2:12 AM

All replies

• rockmanaxess said:

I've installed Windows 7 a week ago,but the strange thing has happened
    During installing ATI radeon IGP 330M display Driver from IBM,My computer was turned to blue screen when restart windows. Why?

Hi

We need more information to properly diagnose this problem.

Does IBM show the driver you installed as being compatible with Windows 7?

When you say "My computer was turned to blue screen, do you mean that there was an error on a bluse screen or that the monitor display actually turned blue?

Does this behavior happen every time you restart the computer or only randomly?

If the driver is not compatible with Windows 7, have you tried installing it in Compatibility Mode?

Let us know.

Thank You for testing Windows 7 Beta

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Saturday, March 14, 2009 4:47 PM
  •  It still not working in Compatibility Mode when installing the driver,and that was the only driver IBM gave.

It's every time when restarting windows 7,regardless blue screen or system is hang up.

I think ATI Radeon IGP 330M is not work in Winodws 7,BUT in Windows Vista the driver works very great,why?
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 3:07 AM
  • Hello,

I'd suggest installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

If the problem still persists, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system (only the beta version) and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; some old driver is not compatible with new OS. I suggest that you should wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Friday, March 27, 2009 3:56 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Rekka Shirogane Sunday, April 05, 2009 7:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rekka Shirogane Sunday, April 05, 2009 7:41 AM
    Friday, March 20, 2009 2:12 AM