none
At start-up, my desktop icons always rearrange. RRS feed

• Question

• On start-up my icons always rearrange  I have tried unchecking the box that says "auto rearrange" as u have answered to someone else.  This doesn't solve the problem  
    Tuesday, November 24, 2015 6:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

After you uncheck the "auto rearrange", we would like to suggest you start the Windows in clean boot mode due to we consider some 3rd party software rearrange your icons in desktop.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

If it works fine in clean boot mode, you can determine which one can be the cause by using dichotomy in MSconfig. Checking on half of Non-Microsoft service and restart, determining which half of the services cause the issue and repeating to check half of the problematic half services.

In addition to that, virus or malware may also cause the problem. Please remember scan the virus in safe mode to check if any virus affects it.

Good luck to fix it.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 4:45 AM

All replies

• On start-up my icons always rearrange  I have tried unchecking the box that says "auto rearrange" as u have answered to someone else.  This doesn't solve the problem  

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 7:10 PM
  • Hi,

After you uncheck the "auto rearrange", we would like to suggest you start the Windows in clean boot mode due to we consider some 3rd party software rearrange your icons in desktop.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

If it works fine in clean boot mode, you can determine which one can be the cause by using dichotomy in MSconfig. Checking on half of Non-Microsoft service and restart, determining which half of the services cause the issue and repeating to check half of the problematic half services.

In addition to that, virus or malware may also cause the problem. Please remember scan the virus in safe mode to check if any virus affects it.

Good luck to fix it.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 4:45 AM