none
Error With Windows 7 XP Mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an error in Windows 7 XP Mode, it BSOD with the error, "a Clock Interrupt Is not received on the secondary processor within the allocated time interval.
    I am using the Laptop Aspire 4530 for VM work and many other users have encountered the same problem especially on Turion Processors.
    Users of Dell Laptop have encountered this issue and was solved by a unofficial update to the BIOS.
    Can you escalate this issue of Broken Hardware Virtualisation to Acer?
    Acer Support is horrible and they keep trying to dodge the issue.
    The issue is reproducible even on the latest 1.3336 BIOS.

Thank You
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 3:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Since Acer is a third party manufacturer, Microsoft cannot escalate any issues to Acer directly. As the Acer end-users, you should send your feedbacks to Acer and request them release a new BIOS to fix this issue.

However, I will still record and report this issue to Microsoft and hope Acer can fix the BIOS issue as soon as possible.

Regards,

Arthur Li - MSFT
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 8:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

if you install Windows XP from CD to Windows Virtual PC works it? I think, if not working XP Mode and HW Assested virtualization (and if here somethink wrong with you PC/Manufacte/Biose), you only can use somethink other (Virtual Box or old Virtual PC 2007). You can also try this two products with and without Hardware Virtualisation < if it somethink wrong with HW Virtualisation this two application must detect some errors:)
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 7:14 PM
  • Hi,

Since Acer is a third party manufacturer, Microsoft cannot escalate any issues to Acer directly. As the Acer end-users, you should send your feedbacks to Acer and request them release a new BIOS to fix this issue.

However, I will still record and report this issue to Microsoft and hope Acer can fix the BIOS issue as soon as possible.

Regards,

Arthur Li - MSFT
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 8:01 AM