none
Credential Manager , persistence : enterprise mean this network part of business network by Microsoft default ? RRS feed

• Question

• Aug. 1st 2014  10:19 w8pIde08n

Credential Manager at W7 U next to the account

1)

persistence : enterprise indicating  this network is a part of the business network by Microsoft default ?

2)

Generic Credentials , stranger added from whom via the network? (live app from me ? which one ?)  To share only the MACs mine on the home group , shall I  do credential manager ?  Credential Manager does control save credential avoid to AD which can reveal the privacy to any Mac on the network even on the IPv6 dynamic server dns?

3)

Why the Credential manager can not add 2/3  windows credentials & genetic credentials only able to 1/3 on  the primary PC of the same network.name ? Well, the  Internet points to the Dynamic Server .

BleuOisou

Friday, August 1, 2014 2:22 AM

Answers

• Hi BleuOisou,

From your post, you have several questions about Credit Manager. Please refer to the following explanation:

1. Based on my knowledge, Persistence means the persistence of this credential. The value of Enterprise means the credential persists for all subsequent logon sessions on this same computer and it is visible to other logon sessions of this same user on this same computer and to logon sessions for this user on other computers.  In other words, it do persist after logoff or reboot.
    2. Generic credentials are defined and authenticated by applications that manage authorization and security directly instead of delegating these tasks to the operating system. For example, an application can require users to enter a user name and password provided by the application or to produce a certificate to access a website. What’s more, generic credentials are different from Windows credentials where you can manage all windows credentials, since they are authenticated by programs that manage security on their own rather than sending it to the Operating System. If you are not sure of using any application program or website by that name, please delete the virtual app user in Generic credentials.
    3. Credential Manager allows you to store credentials, such as user names and passwords that you use to log on to websites or other computers on a network. Domain credentials are used by the operating system and authenticated by the Local Security Authority (LSA).

In addition, please help to provide the following information to get more help:

1. What do you mean by “To share only the MACs mine on the home group, shall I  do credential manager”? Could you provide more information about your network environment and your requirement?
    2. For your third question, please provide more information to help us understand this issue better.

For your information, please refer to the following article to get more help:

CREDENTIAL structure

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa374788(VS.85).aspx

Regards,

Lany Zhang

• Marked as answer by BleuOisou Thursday, September 18, 2014 1:13 AM
    Monday, August 4, 2014 8:31 AM
  • Hi BleuOisou,

I know that this user account is not created by you. In fact, it is created automatically by windows live.

And the "virtualapp/didlogical" is not malware or the error intruder. It is a legitimate credential used by windows live. Even if this credential is uninstalled, it will reinstall if we are using Windows live. So, it is common phenomenon. In my PCs, I also have this similar credentials on Generic credentials. But the user names are different on different PCs. You can see as below:

If you feel uncomfortable with it, you can uninstall windows live and remove this credential from your' credentials. Or as my mentioned before, you can just disable it.

For the question “how to add the rest 2/3 windows credentials & genetic credentials”, we can generate the conclusion from a simply test. And I think that’s not a bug, it just a feature that you may don’t like. It is very regretful that I could not find the related articles for dedicating to explaining this phenomenon. If I get the related articles, I will let you know as soon as possible.

Regards,

Bryan Yuan

• Edited by Bryan Yu-MSFT Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:26 AM
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:18 AM
  • Hi,

I used the Cmdkey command tool to verify again. I got the same result. It seems that win7 can only get one credential when there are two user using the same Internet or network address. I believe it is by design.

Some articles for you:

Cmdkey
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754243.aspx
    Storing user credentials
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh465060.aspx
    How to enumerate and retrieve user credentials
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/jj839731.aspx
    Windows 7 - Remote Desktop - multiple credentials
    http://superuser.com/questions/152403/windows-7-remote-desktop-multiple-credentials

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 12:47 PM
  • Monday, August 04, 2014 8:31 AM

post by Lany Zhang

Generic credentials are defined and authenticated by applications that manage authorization and security directly instead of delegating these tasks to the operating system. For example, an application can require users to enter a user name and password provided by the application or to produce a certificate to access a website. What’s more, generic credentials are different from Windows credentials where you can manage all windows credentials, since they are authenticated by programs that manage security on their own rather than sending it to the Operating System.

• Marked as answer by BleuOisou Thursday, September 18, 2014 1:12 AM
    Thursday, September 4, 2014 11:59 PM
  • Microsoft does have somewhat "regards" by Designers there.

Example , Local-PC != My PC for network control at mmc & here, manage all windows just 1/3 of network ?   Responses were all likely the design default without trace rsc. further.

• Edited by BleuOisou Wednesday, September 10, 2014 7:12 AM
    Wednesday, September 10, 2014 7:10 AM
  • Two windows credential to clarify which is which at multiple either the unicast network.  Why computer has to choose the credential ?  If it can logon its own, other hand  "ignore"  2/3 share at one PC for the credentials , what the credential featuring here for please?

mmc mentions below in the photo ->

Local = My computer = this Computer != following

Saturday, September 13, 2014 3:24 AM
  • Thank you for the beyond info reference here.

The img next apparenttly working good for the domain connection that so many hosts could be easilier managed under one store key for all of these accounts.

credential mgr for windows DOMAIN good

Workgroup currently would not take much advatage for the credential manager while added the strangers users only at the genenic credentials that none properly approach to over come it .

• Edited by BleuOisou Tuesday, September 16, 2014 3:53 AM
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 3:50 AM
  • Can't completely think so. Domain and workgroup all take advantage for the credential manger. Before, I just did explain the process of credential with domain. In fact, Credential Manager allows you to store credentials, such as user names and passwords that you use to log on to websites or other computers on a network. By storing your credentials, Windows can automatically log you on to websites or other computers.
    Wednesday, September 17, 2014 12:55 PM

All replies

• Hi BleuOisou,

From your post, you have several questions about Credit Manager. Please refer to the following explanation:

1. Based on my knowledge, Persistence means the persistence of this credential. The value of Enterprise means the credential persists for all subsequent logon sessions on this same computer and it is visible to other logon sessions of this same user on this same computer and to logon sessions for this user on other computers.  In other words, it do persist after logoff or reboot.
    2. Generic credentials are defined and authenticated by applications that manage authorization and security directly instead of delegating these tasks to the operating system. For example, an application can require users to enter a user name and password provided by the application or to produce a certificate to access a website. What’s more, generic credentials are different from Windows credentials where you can manage all windows credentials, since they are authenticated by programs that manage security on their own rather than sending it to the Operating System. If you are not sure of using any application program or website by that name, please delete the virtual app user in Generic credentials.
    3. Credential Manager allows you to store credentials, such as user names and passwords that you use to log on to websites or other computers on a network. Domain credentials are used by the operating system and authenticated by the Local Security Authority (LSA).

In addition, please help to provide the following information to get more help:

1. What do you mean by “To share only the MACs mine on the home group, shall I  do credential manager”? Could you provide more information about your network environment and your requirement?
    2. For your third question, please provide more information to help us understand this issue better.

For your information, please refer to the following article to get more help:

CREDENTIAL structure

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa374788(VS.85).aspx

Regards,

Lany Zhang

Monday, August 4, 2014 8:31 AM
  • Thank you Lany to response quickly.

2)-> .Credential Manager allows you to store credentials, such as user names and passwords 

that you use  to log on to websites or other computers on a network.

To have the mac = "unique" device,  on the network, home or domain,  freely contact to each other by the local.mac that , guarantee successfully ado,  Credential Manager is must ?

NO, Microsoft told me.

2) Credential Manager does control save credential avoid to AD which can reveal the privacy to 

any Mac on the network even on the IPv6 dynamic server dns?

.          AD DC on Primary DNS and am sub-domain , no concern AD DC on remote DDNS ? 

3) at the local.mac (machine) , to add the rest 2/3 mac.credentials , since 3 devices connecting

on 1 network,  unable to do the 2nd ? Otherwise, 2nd would replace the 1st inserted ..

.            Added the 2nd Credential to OS windows :) today _Aug. 08 2014 recovered OS once later.

Have to put the PCs name before the network, workgroup box ?

4) Credential began to function on one of App(s) today (Aug. 06 2014) like a password manager on PC set the credential manager and the not that been configured on the forehead device.

Whois this  created account replaced mine GLF twice in a week ? How to block this always?

-> attachCredential Unable add all devices to Windows nor Generic

• Edited by BleuOisou Friday, August 15, 2014 8:49 AM
    Tuesday, August 5, 2014 12:33 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your posts.

The Credential Manager creates the certificate VirtualApp/Didlogical via Messenger and Live Services. We can delete or keep it and it will just come back if you use windows live programs. But it is harmless. If you do not store Web or Windows credentials on your machine you could disable 'Credential Manager' in 'Services' as below:

Start->Services->Credential Manager->Right click->Properties->Startup Type->Drop Down Disable->Apply-Ok->Right click->Credential Manager->Click on Stop->close the program

The process will most likely run somewhere in the background still, it just won't show in Credential Manager; actually, nothing will open in Credential Manager if you choose to disable it; also you may be required to sign in to 'Metro' apps fresh every time.

And by default, if the Internet or network address is the same, there is only one Credential that will be saved on the windows credentials & genetic credentials. So, you only can add 1/3 credential on the primary PC of the same network.name.

Hope those information is hopeful for you.

Regards,

Bryan Yuan

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 8:16 AM
  • Ref: Lany

2. Generic credentials are defined and authenticated by applications that manage authorization and security directly instead of delegating these tasks to the operating system.

Attach photo here obviously not my created, it there implying a user my network set this user to app via my Device.

To disable the service does not help to prevent the error intruder.

"So, you only can add 1/3 credential on the primary PC of the same network.name."

May i please you have the reference of legal document for this of Microsoft ?

Credential Windows ADD for any windows of the network not the only 1/3 that on same network .

wait for your back .... please.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 11:20 AM
  • Hi BleuOisou,

I know that this user account is not created by you. In fact, it is created automatically by windows live.

And the "virtualapp/didlogical" is not malware or the error intruder. It is a legitimate credential used by windows live. Even if this credential is uninstalled, it will reinstall if we are using Windows live. So, it is common phenomenon. In my PCs, I also have this similar credentials on Generic credentials. But the user names are different on different PCs. You can see as below:

If you feel uncomfortable with it, you can uninstall windows live and remove this credential from your' credentials. Or as my mentioned before, you can just disable it.

For the question “how to add the rest 2/3 windows credentials & genetic credentials”, we can generate the conclusion from a simply test. And I think that’s not a bug, it just a feature that you may don’t like. It is very regretful that I could not find the related articles for dedicating to explaining this phenomenon. If I get the related articles, I will let you know as soon as possible.

Regards,

Bryan Yuan

• Edited by Bryan Yu-MSFT Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:26 AM
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:18 AM
  • Hi BleuOisou,

Just want to confirm current situation.

Does there have any update?

Regards,
    Bryan

Friday, August 29, 2014 3:05 AM
  • Thanks a lot for tracing comment here.

Windows Live had been not installed when caputure the PC as the above.  gpedit disabled the netmeeting... so on

the plus windows mail too.

Nicely you test the windows credential why add able only 1/3 for same domain or workgroup. This probably resulted by the isp settings ?

Saturday, August 30, 2014 1:54 AM
  • Hi,

It is resulted by the difference of Internet or network address. Not ISP setting. You can see as below:

Monday, September 1, 2014 9:58 AM
  • Then why the put the Credentials only 1/3 here when all in same network / internet .isp ? They not for for share, to remember the credential for whom over there please ?

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 2:42 PM
  • Hi,

I used the Cmdkey command tool to verify again. I got the same result. It seems that win7 can only get one credential when there are two user using the same Internet or network address. I believe it is by design.

Some articles for you:

Cmdkey
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754243.aspx
    Storing user credentials
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh465060.aspx
    How to enumerate and retrieve user credentials
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/jj839731.aspx
    Windows 7 - Remote Desktop - multiple credentials
    http://superuser.com/questions/152403/windows-7-remote-desktop-multiple-credentials

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 12:47 PM
  • The fourth possibly praised the credential some of to the domain.app or a server of "whose" if not ,  could think about The "domain".unknown"   running on the credentials such as , the generic unfamiliar  ?  It in front of you captures the Authority you to server above here ?
    Thursday, September 4, 2014 1:15 AM
  • Hi,

I can't determine if it is caused by "domain unkonw". I did all test with domain account. I think that I must need do more test to confirm your ideas are correct or not.

Thursday, September 4, 2014 10:23 AM
  • Monday, August 04, 2014 8:31 AM

post by Lany Zhang

Generic credentials are defined and authenticated by applications that manage authorization and security directly instead of delegating these tasks to the operating system. For example, an application can require users to enter a user name and password provided by the application or to produce a certificate to access a website. What’s more, generic credentials are different from Windows credentials where you can manage all windows credentials, since they are authenticated by programs that manage security on their own rather than sending it to the Operating System.

Thursday, September 4, 2014 11:59 PM
  • As I known, Generic credential in windows 7 used for managing the authorization and authentication of applications directly instead of delegating it to operating system. Applications employ Credentials Management functions to prompt users for application-defined, generic, credential information, such as user name, certificate, smart card, or password. The information provided (User Name and Password) by the user is returned to the application for authentication. So, you should being in the right direction.

Friday, September 5, 2014 8:56 AM
  • Yes, did experience the password/user to access some app at control of Generic Credential .

What’s more, generic credentials are different from Windows credentials where you can manage all windows credentials,  why unable put all the Windows at network merely 1/3  ?

To change the workgroup to domain ,  defying ldap_ SRV info getting...

Monday, September 8, 2014 3:36 AM
  • In my opinion, it is a by design from my test.
    • Edited by Bryan Yu-MSFT Wednesday, September 10, 2014 5:20 AM 0
    Tuesday, September 9, 2014 10:00 AM
  • Microsoft does have somewhat "regards" by Designers there.

Example , Local-PC != My PC for network control at mmc & here, manage all windows just 1/3 of network ?   Responses were all likely the design default without trace rsc. further.

• Edited by BleuOisou Wednesday, September 10, 2014 7:12 AM
    Wednesday, September 10, 2014 7:10 AM
  • The somewhat @microsoft.com design default been ,

AT:

Credentical manager \ windows mgr only 1/3

MMC network , local PC != My PC named.

Generic mgr can be generated by a stranger , widnows mgr able as well ?

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 7:15 AM
  • Hi,

If there are two credentials with the same Internet or network address, the computer will confuse to choose which credential. So, it is normal phenomenon.

Could you please explain "MMC network , local PC != My PC named"?

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 9:55 AM
  • Two windows credential to clarify which is which at multiple either the unicast network.  Why computer has to choose the credential ?  If it can logon its own, other hand  "ignore"  2/3 share at one PC for the credentials , what the credential featuring here for please?

mmc mentions below in the photo ->

Local = My computer = this Computer != following

Saturday, September 13, 2014 3:24 AM
  • When log on to the domain and are prompted to change the password, the cached domain logon credentials  are not updated until you successfully log on to the domain with the new password.  After you have successfully logged on to the domain with the new password, your cached domain credentials are updated, and you can then log on to the computer when you are disconnected from the domain.

Managing Account Credentials for Windows and the Web with Credential Manager

http://windowsitpro.com/windows-81/managing-account-credentials-windows-and-web-credential-manager

Monday, September 15, 2014 10:14 AM
  • Thank you for the beyond info reference here.

The img next apparenttly working good for the domain connection that so many hosts could be easilier managed under one store key for all of these accounts.

credential mgr for windows DOMAIN good

Workgroup currently would not take much advatage for the credential manager while added the strangers users only at the genenic credentials that none properly approach to over come it .

• Edited by BleuOisou Tuesday, September 16, 2014 3:53 AM
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 3:50 AM
  • Can't completely think so. Domain and workgroup all take advantage for the credential manger. Before, I just did explain the process of credential with domain. In fact, Credential Manager allows you to store credentials, such as user names and passwords that you use to log on to websites or other computers on a network. By storing your credentials, Windows can automatically log you on to websites or other computers.
    Wednesday, September 17, 2014 12:55 PM