none
How to stop the blinking flashing taskbar icons...??

General discussion

• The blinking flashing blinking flashing blinking flashing task bar program icons is by far the most annoying feature in windows 7, and as far as i can see there is no way to turn it off...

I have tried to edit the Registry ForegroundFlashCount, they still blink blink blink....
    Installed other programs with features to make it stop, they still blink blink blink....

Honestly i feel like smashing my screen every time they start blinking... At least with webpages i can close them and find my info elsewhere when they have blinking flashing commercials, but i can't do that with windows until l find another platform where i can use my programs and i don't have to look at annoying blinking flashing icons...

So, is there any way at all to make them stop blinking..?

And if not, then why..? Why must I and so many other people that find it insanely annoying sit and look at it, why must i shot down programs so I'm able to work because they blink in my face, and therefore cannot follow conversations and other things when i care to...?
    Why is it so important to MS that they absolutely have to blink and flash, and there is no feature to disable it..?

I'm not saying that the feature must go away, it is fine for people who like blinking flashy things.. But for gods sake, why can't you MS people not just make a little box when right clicking on the task bar that says "Disable annoying blinking flashing task bar icons"

Have a great day....

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 10:47 AM

All replies

• The only time I've seen a flashing icon on the taskbar is when a security suite finds corruption,

Or if ie9 looses a website (website stops responding)

I've never seen a program like office word/ outlook.....flash,

What programs are flashing ?

Thursday, August 16, 2012 5:14 AM
  • Hi,

If the blinking flashing occurs again, please help me collect the screenshot.

How to capture a screenshot
    ------------------------------------------
    1. When the blinking flashing occurs, press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.
    2. Click the "Start" menu, type "mspaint" in the Search Bar and Press Enter.
    3. In the Paint program, click the "Edit" menu, click "Paste", click the "File" menu, and click "Save".
    4. Save the picture onto your desktop and Upload to SkyDrive or forum.

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 16, 2012 8:37 AM
  • Dissed... You are very lucky that you only use programs that does not flash, blink and pulsate all the time... :-)

Niki Han... Here is an image of blinking annoying task bar icons, but a little hard to illustrate in a picture without it just looking like a highlight. If i knew how i would record it and show you a video of how annoying it is... And yes it is win 7, i just changed the way the taskbar look...

And here is a illustration of how they can make a user friendly interface in other programs, where you can choose in the preferences if you want buttons to blink all the time or not...

Searching the internet, i find many many people that are annoyed and frustrated about this.. Also when you try to hide the taskbar, it will constantly pop back up when a program start blinking... I don't know if I'm epileptic or not, but i can't work with it, i don't understand why i have to shot down programs where i like to follow group chats and other info because it starts to blink all the time when I'm not directly in the program but working in another program.. 
    Why can't i just look at it when i care to, instead of having a button blinking, flashing and pulsating in my face..???

Have a nice day... :-)
    Friday, September 07, 2012 1:09 PM