SharePoint2010 Document library only file level permission for all documents RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I need to provide document library file level permission.

I will share the file url to client. The client can see only the document in browser. The previous folder level rights should not to available to the user. This rights should be for all the files(only file) to the entire document library files.

How can i achieve it. Please suggest me.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 4:44 AM

All replies

• Wednesday, June 10, 2020 5:10 AM
  • Hi,

I have tried Item Level Permission but it will work only the respective user who has uploaded the file.

My requirement is, specific user can see the document by URL if the tries to access the previous level folder then the folder should be accessed.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 8:18 AM
  • Hi Suresh Sankaran,

Based on your description, I understand that you want to users can access file in the folder by its URL while they cannot access the folder. If it’s wrong, you can point it out.

Per my test, when you grant users with unique permissions for a file, even if they are not the owner of the file, they still can access it through the URL while they cannot access the folder. Here’re steps:

1. Select the file, click  -> Share with.

2. Click Advanced.

3. Stop Inheriting Permissions.

4. Grant permissions to users.

Best regards,

Emily Du

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, June 11, 2020 5:13 AM
  • Hi Suresh Sankaran,

I'm checking how the things are going on about this issue. Whether the post helps you?

You can mark the post as answer if it helps.

Best regards,

Emily Du

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, June 19, 2020 1:21 AM
  • Hi Suresh Sankaran,

Is there any progress on this issue?

If you find any replies helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers.

It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Emily Du

Monday, June 22, 2020 12:57 AM