list navigion to hime page RRS feed

• Question

• SharePoint list URL is navigating to home page it seems. Please help to resolve this issue.

iIf we copy and paste it is working as expected. 

kumar

• Edited by sns t Monday, July 13, 2020 11:22 AM
    Monday, July 13, 2020 11:22 AM

Answers

• Hi kumar,

There are certain links sent by Outlook email that might change to contain credential information, which is an Outlook-related behavior. Here is an example:

I would suggest you try the following methods:

1. Use a link in simplest format, e.g., “https://<SiteURL>/Lists/<SurveyListName>/overview.aspx”.

2. Send the email via Outlook in browser (or another device/provider if possible).

3. Clear the browser cache before you send the email or click the link sent by email.

---

This “SharePoint Server 2016” Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

"SharePoint" forums will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    We invite you to post new questions in the "SharePoint" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

• Marked as answer by sns t Thursday, July 23, 2020 6:35 AM
    Wednesday, July 15, 2020 2:09 AM
  • Hi kumar,

If you usually send emails using Outlook in browser (Outlook Web App view: https://<server name>/owa/), switch to Outlook client application and test again.

---

This “SharePoint Server 2016” Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

We invite you to post new questions in the "SharePoint" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 6:08 AM

All replies

• If you click on the list URL it's taking to home page ? make sure you didn't place any custom code at that list level. 

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 1:17 AM
  • Hi Sharath,

Yes if we click on list URL it is taking to home page.

How do we verify there is custom code on list?

but i see below seems like it is not customized.

kumar

• Edited by sns t Tuesday, July 14, 2020 6:21 AM
    Tuesday, July 14, 2020 3:27 AM
  • Hi kumar,

Where do you put this link to the list? Is this a link copied from the address bar? Can you reproduce this issue with another link to a list view, for example, AllItems.aspx?

Consider testing with a new link and remove the “/_layouts/15/start.aspx#” part from the link, or simply deactivate the “Minimal Download Strategy” feature via Site Settings > Manage site features to remove it automatically.

This “SharePoint Server 2016” Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 6:38 AM
  • Hi Chelsea Wu,

Thank you for the response. 

This link is from one of the outlook mail. 

It is survey list. I replaced overview.aspx  with Allitems.aspx in the out look. it is showing as expected and browsing as expected when Allitems.aspx is used in the URL.

What should i do now? 

can you give me clarification on below statement? do i need to do below step? if i do will this resolve the issue?

Consider testing with a new link and remove the “/_layouts/15/start.aspx#” part from the link, or simply deactivate the “Minimal Download Strategy” feature via Site Settings > Manage site features to remove it automatically

kumar

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 6:56 AM
  • Hi kumar,

Activating “Minimal Download Strategy” feature at Site level will add “_layouts/15/start.aspx#/” to every link in this site to help improving the performance of page rendering. Since you can get the link to work with another list view, there is no need to do this.

I suppose there might be something wrong with the “overview.aspx” so that the link has trouble resolving itself in Outlook (or elsewhere).

Please make sure:

1. You are using the URL for a public view.

2. You are using the correct URL. You can check via LIST tab > Modify View > Web address of this view. Both the View Name and the address allow modification.

If you cannot get this link to work, use another list view/create a new view instead.

---

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 7:22 AM
  • Hi Chelsea Wu,

Thank you for continuous support.

since it is  survey list i do not have the way to navigate to "modify view" option

how do we go there please share me clear steps. Thank you

and other survey list under same is working and opening as expected. this list is only having an issue. why?

so end user must have done something on overview.aspx? 

why it is working for other survey lists with overview.aspx?

now do you want me to suggest to end user create new view and use it?. Thank you

kumar

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 8:00 AM
  • Hi kumar,

Sorry I’ve missed the “Survey list” part. I’m not sure why the default URL of the Survey list is not working as expected, but the “All Responses” view of the list seems to be working fine.

I would suggest the user check if there is any difference between the settings of the two survey lists. If he/she cannot find anything unusual, an easy solution would be using the “All Responses” view instead.

---

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 8:58 AM
  • Hi Chelsea Wu,

settings are same 

one more point I noticed that when this sharepoint link sending to 1-1 and sharepoint group, it is showing list url as expected 

but other group mail ids and member from other group mail ids are showing this home page when they respond not list url which supposed to be.

what could be the problem?is it from outlook?

from my end i tested sending that link (copied from sharepoint) and verified in inbox whther that link is showing home page or not  but it is showing list url as expected, no issues 

but when i copy it from the outlook mail where it sent to group members and sent then it is showing home page. so when i picked the url from mail which was sent to groups, there is a issue showing home page url instead of list url 

so this issue is  happening only when URL picked from that mail where it was sent to group mail ids

Please help what is the causing this issue

kumar

• Edited by sns t Tuesday, July 14, 2020 9:26 AM
    Tuesday, July 14, 2020 9:14 AM
  • Hi kumar,

Are these groups external users or users in this organization? Do they have direct access to the Survey list? What if you create a SharePoint group and add some of these users in, can you reproduce this issue?

I cannot be sure if it is related to Outlook or not, but the link you use does not contain personal information or others that might get changed when sent to others. I have tested with Outlook and did not reproduce this issue.

---

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 10:00 AM
  • Hi Chelsea Wu,

Yes all are internal users.

and yes all them having access to survey list. 

can you please give some clarity on below statement? what does it mean other might get changed when sent to users? does it mean other changed the URL? how they change the url when it is clearily showing home page url?  

I cannot be sure if it is related to Outlook or not, but the link you use does not contain personal information or others that might get changed when sent to others. I have tested with Outlook and did not reproduce this issue.

now what should i ask to end user?

How do we isolate that it is issue with outlook?

Thank you

kumar

• Edited by sns t Tuesday, July 14, 2020 11:57 AM
    Tuesday, July 14, 2020 10:12 AM
  • Hi kumar,

There are certain links sent by Outlook email that might change to contain credential information, which is an Outlook-related behavior. Here is an example:

I would suggest you try the following methods:

1. Use a link in simplest format, e.g., “https://<SiteURL>/Lists/<SurveyListName>/overview.aspx”.

2. Send the email via Outlook in browser (or another device/provider if possible).

3. Clear the browser cache before you send the email or click the link sent by email.

---

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 2:09 AM
  • Hi Chelsea Wu,

2nd suggestion, we normally use outlook from browser only correct? is there any way in browser it self you are suggesting?

kumar

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 5:29 AM
  • Hi kumar,

If you usually send emails using Outlook in browser (Outlook Web App view: https://<server name>/owa/), switch to Outlook client application and test again.

---

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 6:08 AM