none
How to update or check if Visual C++ Redistributable 10.x.x.x is installed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,We use tenable to check and patch our machine with Vulnerability.

We have lot of machine which are reporting that below product are isntalled and missing a patch.

• Product : Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package 32-bit
    • Installed version : 10.0.40219.1

I would like tot patch these machine but i wont to check if this version is installed or not on a machine.

Is they powershell command I can use to check which version of C++ is installed so i can created a package in sccm to patch all of these 300 machines.

• Edited by lalaJee Friday, August 23, 2019 11:15 AM
    Friday, August 23, 2019 8:57 AM

All replies

• Hi .

You can use a PowerShell snippet like the one below

Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Product -Filter "Name LIKE '%Visual C++ 2010%'"

Here's the output on my Windows 10 PC

This snippet can be easily changed to look for multiple versions of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages and provide you with a report.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Friday, August 23, 2019 1:24 PM
  • Open Add and Remove Programs and look for Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. The installed versions will be listed there. This screenshot is from Windows 10.

Also you could use registry method, similar case here:

How to detect if Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable is installed

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46178559/how-to-detect-if-visual-c-2017-redistributable-is-installed

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 26, 2019 2:04 AM
  • LalaJee, can you check out Luigi's answer and mark it if it helps? Thank you!

Teemo, also, please propose answers like the one from Luigi, and not just your own. 

Thank you, Teemo and Luigi for your answers!

Ed Price, Azure Development Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 6:41 PM
    Owner