virtual machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using virtual machine on windows XP and it was working fine until it started doing this strange thing of not expanding to full screen whenever I do a alt+enter it just expnads to its set resolution (eg. if I set it to 1024*768 it stays there ) but does not expand to full screen I tried uninstalling and reinstalling VM on the host but no go. Please Help. I need to go to a full screen and not get stuck with blank edges on all sides .

Warm regards

warm regards Sagaer Majithia
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 6:37 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Did you use Windows Virtual PC?

You can try to click “action” button on the top of tab, then click “View Full Screen” to show with full screen.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:46 AM
  • Hello, Thanks for your reply. And to answer your question, yes I am using Windows virtual machine and I did try the actions manu and view full screen mode but all I get is a screen with a cinemascope but on all four sides .....It does get bigger when I increase the resolution but does not fit to the entire screen. I can increase the resolution only to a maximum to what my LCD on my laptop can take beyond that it shows that VM is using a resolution which is too large for your display and goes back to the wndow mode. If i keep it to within the max screen resolution it does not fit to screen.
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 10:02 AM
  • Hello,

I am still facing the same problem the screen just does not fit to full screen .

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 2:26 PM
  • Hi,

Try to update VGA card on your PC, also update BIOS to the latest version for test.

And this link may helpful to you:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprovirt/thread/089b0b2b-b600-40c0-bfb2-45224a20372e/

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Tuesday, June 28, 2011 9:22 AM
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:19 AM