none
Flight Simulator X deluxe edition on windows 7 not working :S

Question

• hey, i bought the gold edition of the flight simulator x and i inserted one of the disk in to the drive and as of any instalation process on screen instructions come up on the screen, and i followed all the given instructions but when it says i have installed the program i can't find how to actuially start or go on it when i have gone off the installation process :S i don't have any icon or shortcut or anything and when i put the disk into the drive it doesn't seem to do anything and i've tried to go on my computer then starting it that way but still it doesn't do anythin and the only thing that is on my account about flight simulator is a file but only when i put the disk in. If this helps i started off with the downloaded demo version off the internet and that worked fine but after downloading the proper version it didn't seem to make much difference, and i went all the way through the installtion process and still it didn't seem to make a difference when i click on the demo version it is still just the demo nothing else. i ended up unistalling the full version and deleted the demo version and all the files and after unistalling it and installing it it seems to of made no differnece. In the manual it doesn't mention anything about windows 7 , and that makes it a bit unclear to what i should be following and looking over the internet i also found installing instructions for windows 7. I paid 40 pounds for this game and i would be very dissapointed if a soloution isn't notified and i would be very thankfull for any feedback on the problem.

Saturday, August 21, 2010 4:18 PM

Answers

• I'm afraid I can't help you much ... except to tell you that I've installed Flight Simulator X Gold Edition on Windows 7 64-bit, and it's working fine!

My computer is an HP Pavilion with Intel Core 2 Quad processor, NVidia graphics card (GeForce 9300), 8GB RAM.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

One thing I've found that helps, especially after uninstalling software, is to run a decent registry checker.  I use jv16 power tools by Macecraft, or their power tools lite (freeware); find it here:  http://www.macecraft.com/ptlite/

Then try re-installing FlightSim.

Note ... I don't have a desktop shortcut, just a program listing under the "Games" category.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 6:50 AM

All replies

• hey, i bought the gold edition of the flight simulator x and i inserted one of the disk in to the drive and as of any instalation process on screen instructions come up on the screen, and i followed all the given instructions but when it says i have installed the program i can't find how to actuially start or go on it when i have gone off the installation process :S i don't have any icon or shortcut or anything and when i put the disk into the drive it doesn't seem to do anything and i've tried to go on my computer then starting it that way but still it doesn't do anythin and the only thing that is on my account about flight simulator is a file but only when i put the disk in. If this helps i started off with the downloaded demo version off the internet and that worked fine but after downloading the proper version it didn't seem to make much difference, and i went all the way through the installtion process and still it didn't seem to make a difference when i click on the demo version it is still just the demo nothing else. i ended up unistalling the full version and deleted the demo version and all the files and after unistalling it and installing it it seems to of made no differnece. In the manual it doesn't mention anything about windows 7 , and that makes it a bit unclear to what i should be following and looking over the internet i also found installing instructions for windows 7. I paid 40 pounds for this game and i would be very dissapointed if a soloution isn't notified and i would be very thankfull for any feedback on the problem.

Well, firstly.. to my relief.. a lot of games has started to adopt the option of not creating a desktop or quicklaunch icon. I hate those.

Now, in the start menu under Games, does it show up there?

Monday, August 23, 2010 1:23 PM
  • I'm afraid I can't help you much ... except to tell you that I've installed Flight Simulator X Gold Edition on Windows 7 64-bit, and it's working fine!

My computer is an HP Pavilion with Intel Core 2 Quad processor, NVidia graphics card (GeForce 9300), 8GB RAM.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

One thing I've found that helps, especially after uninstalling software, is to run a decent registry checker.  I use jv16 power tools by Macecraft, or their power tools lite (freeware); find it here:  http://www.macecraft.com/ptlite/

Then try re-installing FlightSim.

Note ... I don't have a desktop shortcut, just a program listing under the "Games" category.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 6:50 AM