none
Plugged in Not Charging RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have had a HP pavilion 2 in one laptop for just over a year now but have been having this problem for the last couple of months. MY Laptop will charge until it reaches about 70% charge and the displays the phrase "Plugged in, Not Charging" and the percentage the laptop charges to appears to be getting worst. The battery when not in use isn't very good either an despite the computer stating I have approximately 8hours of use it tends to run out in about 2. This is not useful when I am out and about with my laptop finishing work and the battery dies on me. I need to get this sorted as it is a new laptop and the solutions the internet recommends just aren't working.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks!

Monday, April 15, 2019 3:19 PM

All replies

• A laptop battery charger can run the pc with both batteries in replace mode/both are corrupt & need replacement..The pc will run fine if the charger is installed 100% of the time,& its working..Also,once charger is installed,wait 15-20 minutes before pc start up.Then,on start-up,enter the BIOS,look at battery condition...A simple check to the charger is easy,use a multitester,red goes to inside the plug,black to outside,12v dc gets you condition..
    If test are not familiar to you,go to a pc retailer,let them perform the tests...
    Monday, April 15, 2019 9:38 PM
  • Hi,

Please try the following methods:

1. Run Power Troubleshooter:

Go to Control Panel > Troubleshooting > View all. Then in All Categories window, click/tap Power. Click Next to run, the troubleshooter will do a check on default settings and find issues plus automatically resolved the ones which it detected. 

2. Please refer to the following thread: https://www.quora.com/Why-does-my-laptop-say-“plugged-in-not-charging”

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. This is just for your convenience. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Best regards,

Yilia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 2:22 AM
  • Hi,

Is there anything I can do for you?

If you have any problems or concerns, please feel free to post here. 

Best regards,

Yilia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 22, 2019 6:07 AM