none
Cant add my DC to the client server manager RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. 

Just finished to install RSAT in my Client, and I can see that now I have server manager in my client and also access to AD from there - cool.

My problem is that when I click on "All Server" > Add Server and then choose my DC, I see him with error massage "Kerberos authentication error". 

dc: configuration refresh faild with the following error: The metadata faild to be retrieved from the server, due to the following error: WinRM cannot process the request. The following error with erroecode 0x8009030e occurred while using Kerberos authentication: A specified logon session does not exist. it may alredy have been terminated. 

Need help please. Thanks!

Saturday, August 10, 2019 1:33 PM

All replies

• See this,

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/d8fbb9b4-103f-4fd4-9265-7af9bd1cb4b7/error-ltcomputer-namegt-configuration-refresh-failed-with-the-following-error-the-metadata?forum=winservermanager

Saturday, August 10, 2019 3:17 PM
  • not work for me... I delete the server from the "All Servers" inside my client, and then reastart and adding him again- the same error message.
    Saturday, August 10, 2019 3:36 PM
  • are you able to reach that DC on port 88/5985..telnet test from your machine...

Possibly next step could be isert reg key on your local machine

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
    1. Locate and click the following key in the registry: 
      System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Kerberos\Parameters
    2. If this key is not present, create the key. To do so:
    3. On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry value: 
    1. Value name: MaxTokenSize
      Data type: REG_DWORD
      Radix: Decimal
      Value data: 65535

ManeeshB

Saturday, August 10, 2019 7:37 PM
  • just finished the telnet check- 88 and 5985 are fine... 
    Saturday, August 10, 2019 8:16 PM
  • how about reg update on your machine...followed by reboot..

DO share a screengrab of error as well after the chnages.

ManeeshB

Saturday, August 10, 2019 8:43 PM
  • Just found the solution!
    I need to was loged in from my Administrator account to add the server to the SM on Client. thats it.

Thank you guys :)

Sunday, August 11, 2019 7:02 PM
  • Hi,

Good to hear the issue was resolved.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in our forum.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 12, 2019 2:56 AM