none
How to use same VPN connection for Win7in XP Mode

Answers

• Actually I wanna connect to VPN on Virtual PC in XP mode not on Win 7 Host PC

Hi,

If you want to connect VPN via XP mode, we need to change the networking from NAT to the name of your Ethernet card.

Please open XP mode,  click Tools on the menu bar -> Settings -> Networking, in the right pane, choose the correct Adapter.

After that, restart the XP Mode and configure the VPN settings.

Regards,

Simida

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Thursday, December 30, 2010 9:18 AM
    Monday, December 27, 2010 8:05 AM

All replies

• You can't.  If you set up the VPN connection in XP Mode, it will only work through XP Mode.

If you want your VPN connection on Windows 7, you would need to install the VPN client there.  You can't "share" the VPN connection from XP Mode.

Thursday, December 23, 2010 9:08 PM
  • You can't really do that, VPN's were designed to be secure and thus
    sharing a connection would be impossible for any normal VPN client.

Bob Comer - Microsoft MVP Virtual Machine
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 9:24 PM
    Friday, December 24, 2010 3:22 AM

Hi,

If you want to connect VPN via XP mode, we need to change the networking from NAT to the name of your Ethernet card.

Please open XP mode,  click Tools on the menu bar -> Settings -> Networking, in the right pane, choose the correct Adapter.

After that, restart the XP Mode and configure the VPN settings.

Regards,

Simida

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Thursday, December 30, 2010 9:18 AM
    Monday, December 27, 2010 8:05 AM