none
Windows 7 does not detect Bluetooth

Question

• I have installed Win 7 in my Dell Inspiron 1545 17" wide laptop and to my surprise bluetooth is not detected. I cannot see it in device manager also. I tried to install Win 7 in Dell Studio 1535 laptop, there bluetooth not detected and finger print is detected but not working. Can anyone help me please? Thanks n best regards, Athar
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 1:21 PM

Answers

• @ Athar

DELL has not released the drivers for windows 7 (STUDIO 1535)

click the link and follow the procedure.

For finger printThe application software I use is called Protector Suite QL , and can be found at http://www.upek.com/ , if you look about a bit. click on driver downloads for laptops . download and install it, check the issues.

suggestions
    •  Control Panel --> Device manager --> expanded the Personal Identification Devices branch --> right click on AuthenTec Inc AES2810 --> choose properties --> go to "power management" tab of the new window and uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".
              Theory part of why it may have worked: the computer was turning off the device (may be it is hard coded into the power management logic in Dell) and driver was volunteering itself to be shutdown to save power. That is why a reinstall works (because the driver install would have powered it on) only for reboot to turn it back off.

Disable windows defender after switching security software

NOTE :we will provide the links for your convenience it may change any time without notice.
              Microsoft does not give guaranty on provided links.

Does it work?
    NIKHIL
    • Edited by Nikhil Deshpande Wednesday, November 18, 2009 3:38 AM added links
    • Marked as answer by Andy Song Friday, November 27, 2009 10:45 AM
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 3:29 AM

All replies

• HI

Its a wireless365 blue tooth model.
    DELL has released the drivers for windows 7,(INSPIRON 1545)
    http://support.dell.com/    click on driver and downloads verify with the tag
    select windows 7 , download the required drivers and install it.

click here to download directly from dell 32 bit
    click here for 64 bit.

if you already done it, go to device manager, right click , hit SCAN for hardware changes, if any defects it asks you to install automatically by through internet.

hope it helps
    NIKHIL
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 1:51 PM
  • I have Dell Inspiron 1545 with the some problems. In the Device Manager under Network adapters no bluetooth device. I try scan for hardware change and start DellDriverDownloadManager, but without any good change. I install second OS - Ubuntu 9.10. It is work with bluetooth very nice - without any problems. Problem is in the Windows 7 Pro. 
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 2:31 PM
  • Hi, Thanks for your prompt support. I could find the drivers for solving my dell 1545 bluetooth problem but I still have problem with Dell studio 1535 model. I m not able to use bluetooth and fingerprint. Any help or support in this will also be highly appreciated. regards, Athar Mumbaikar rahtho saudi la.
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 2:32 PM
  • @ Athar

DELL has not released the drivers for windows 7 (STUDIO 1535)

click the link and follow the procedure.

For finger printThe application software I use is called Protector Suite QL , and can be found at http://www.upek.com/ , if you look about a bit. click on driver downloads for laptops . download and install it, check the issues.

suggestions
    •  Control Panel --> Device manager --> expanded the Personal Identification Devices branch --> right click on AuthenTec Inc AES2810 --> choose properties --> go to "power management" tab of the new window and uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".
              Theory part of why it may have worked: the computer was turning off the device (may be it is hard coded into the power management logic in Dell) and driver was volunteering itself to be shutdown to save power. That is why a reinstall works (because the driver install would have powered it on) only for reboot to turn it back off.

Disable windows defender after switching security software

NOTE :we will provide the links for your convenience it may change any time without notice.
              Microsoft does not give guaranty on provided links.

Does it work?
    NIKHIL
    • Edited by Nikhil Deshpande Wednesday, November 18, 2009 3:38 AM added links
    • Marked as answer by Andy Song Friday, November 27, 2009 10:45 AM
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 3:29 AM
  • I have a Dell Precision M6300 was running XP.
    Now i have put in a new Hd and installed W7 and the Bt will not work at all .

the only way i have found to get it to work is 1 of 2 ways is have..... XP and W7 on the same Hd and go to XP to turn it ON or OFF but use W7 when its ON it dos work !, or
     .......... turn ON the Bt before removing XP and installing W7 it will stay ON all the time and dos work.... so far tested with my mobile phone...
    I have kept XP on my old Hdrive,   and W7 is on a new Hdrive i did a swop of the 2 drives to turn it on but not tried to turn it OFF   happy with it on. 

Stephen

ps this is with the 360 Bluetooth card
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 9:16 PM
  • You can try to download the patch for one of the bluetooth adapter under the below links. I faced the same problem after I upgraded my Inspiron 1420 fron Vista to Window 7. Initially downloaded the bluetooth but it couldn't work. Later ran the patch below and it worked well.

Happy trying....

http://supportapj.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?journalid=9035CDF94D4E088FE040AC0A64E96A6A&docid=337367#Issue3

Saturday, September 18, 2010 5:09 PM