none
VERBATIM USB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE NOT REGOGNISED MODEL (47512)

Question

• My external usb hard drive came without a installation cd and i worked perfectly when i connected it to my laptop when i used it for backing up data. Recetly my laptop has not been able to recognise my usb harddrive when connected  and i keep getting a message saying "usb hard drive has not been recognised with a code 43 error" i have tried searching for different types of drivers for my external hardware device but have been unsuccessful. Any advice on how to solve this issue would be mostly appreciated because i have got all my final project and important information stored in this device.

N.B my laptop runs windows 7 operating system

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 7:16 PM

Answers

• As the external device isn't recognized by other computers too, it is mainly caused by hardware defect. Please send the device back to the manufacturer for repair.

Dale

Thursday, April 15, 2010 2:25 AM

All replies

• Try the drive on another computer, make sure it's not a hardware problem.
    Rich Why can't I be different and original like everybody else? - Vivian Stanshal
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 1:29 AM
  • Try uninstall and reinstall USB controller:

Use the Mouse

================

First, please disconnect all USB devices and then perform the following steps:

1. Click "Start" button, type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotation marks) in the “Search” bar and press "Enter". Click “Continue” if necessary.

2. In Device Manager, double click to expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers", right click on the Host Controller, click "Uninstall" and click "OK".

3. Repeat the step 2 to uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus controllers".

Then, restart your computer and Windows 7 will reinstall all USB controllers automatically.

Use the Keyboard

================

First, please disconnect all USB devices. Then, go through the following steps:

1. Press "Ctrl + Esc" to open the “Start” menu.

2. Type “devmgmt.msc” in the Search bar and press "Enter". Click “Continue” if necessary.

3. In Device Manger, press Tab and use "Up" and "Down" to move the highlight to "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".

4. Press "Right" and expand it.

5. Press "Down" to move to the first item and press "Delete" to remove it.

6. Repeat the step 5 and uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".

Then, restart your computer and Windows 7 will reinstall all controllers automatically.

Best Regards

Dale

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 8:29 AM
  • Thanks alot for your reply, but unfortunately my laptop cannot still recognise my my external hard drive despite several attempts   to download the driver from the manufacturers website. I went further to connect my external hard drive to a couple of computers and still non of them could detect the hard drive, the error message that i keep on receiving is "Code 43" i even went further to try and run a virus check on my hard drive, uninstall and reinstall the driver but all my attempts were unsuccessful because non of the computers could detect the external hard drive. Any advice on what to do will still be appreciated.

Friday, April 02, 2010 10:12 PM
  • As the external device isn't recognized by other computers too, it is mainly caused by hardware defect. Please send the device back to the manufacturer for repair.

Dale

Thursday, April 15, 2010 2:25 AM