none
Energy report problem that i cant fix RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I've extracted the energy report from cmd and I see that I have many problems and I've tried fixing them but with no effect.. the reason why I made this is that because a week ago my laptop started charging and draining really fast like in 30 minutes or something and this wasn't a gradual change, this happened at once.. so here's the report so please who knows answers to any of it help me. Thanks! (My laptop is HP x360 convertible laptop and it's windows 10)

Errors

CPU Utilization:Processor utilization is high
    The average processor utilization during the trace was high. The system will consume less power when the average processor utilization is very low. Review processor utilization for individual processes to determine which applications and services contribute the most to total processor utilization.
    Average Utilization (%) 19.93
    Platform Power Management Capabilities:PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled
    PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer.
    Device Drivers:
    Devices with missing or misconfigured drivers can increase power consumption.
    Device Name Unknown Device
    Device ID ROOT\IMAGE\0000
    Device Status 0x1802401
    Device Problem Code 0x16
    Device Drivers:
    Device Name 260ci WIA Driver (USB)
    Device ID ROOT\IMAGE\0001
    Device Status 0x1802401
    Device Problem Code 0xa
    Device Drivers:
    Device Name Unknown Device
    Device ID ROOT\IMAGE\0002
    Device Status 0x1802401
    Device Problem Code 0x16

Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try the following methods: 

1. Run Power troubleshooter to find and fix power issues: 

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\View all\Power

2. Change Power plan to Balanced to automatically balances performance with energy consumption on capable hardware: 

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options, click balanced.

3. Run HP PC HARDWARE DIAGNOSTICS to check  if the computer hardware is functioning properly.

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html

Best regards,

Yilia 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 8, 2019 2:58 AM
  • Actually in Power Options,Close pc Lid,set to Power Off pc instead of the default Stand-By,this allows pc to charge batteries.As Battery(s) go,even with both batteries w/o power,the pc can still work,only thing is the battery charger must be plugged in 100% of the time,& if the pc is run this way,allow 30 minutes or so to let charger function before use.All pc laptop battery condition can be had in the BIOS....
    Wednesday, May 8, 2019 3:42 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.   

Best regards,

Yilia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 13, 2019 7:36 AM