none
What is "NORELSYS USB BOOTLOADER USB Device" ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I have a 1TB WD External HDD and when I plugged it, Windows show me "NORELSYS USB BOOTLOADER USB Device" and can't open, Format or...

I used some partition manger programs too but Failed.

What is your idea?

Thank you.

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 9:53 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Checking this hard drive on other machine might be the best option. The error message shows that your hard drive was detected as a USB device. Mostly it because this hard drive was dead, and I used to have a fake drive it prompted me same thing.

Check in your BIOS/UEFI if there is an option about “how external USB devices are handled.” Restoring you BIOS default settings might help if you changed settings before.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 11, 2016 2:39 AM
  • In Windows, if a hard drive is connected, either internally or externally, the first thing that is displayed in Disk Management is the partition details, apart from not recognizing it as removable storage as Deason Wu pointed out. If the filesystem is not recognized, then the filesystem type is displayed as RAW, but still displaying the hard drive capacity and partition size. From the screenshot image, no such information is visible.

Hence, it may due to dead hard drive as Deason Wu says or even the USB cable. Sometimes, low power to hard drive also cause the issue (if externally powered or requires 2 USB cables). Kindly check the power and USB cable as well.

Balaji Kundalam

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 6:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Checking this hard drive on other machine might be the best option. The error message shows that your hard drive was detected as a USB device. Mostly it because this hard drive was dead, and I used to have a fake drive it prompted me same thing.

Check in your BIOS/UEFI if there is an option about “how external USB devices are handled.” Restoring you BIOS default settings might help if you changed settings before.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 11, 2016 2:39 AM
  • In Windows, if a hard drive is connected, either internally or externally, the first thing that is displayed in Disk Management is the partition details, apart from not recognizing it as removable storage as Deason Wu pointed out. If the filesystem is not recognized, then the filesystem type is displayed as RAW, but still displaying the hard drive capacity and partition size. From the screenshot image, no such information is visible.

Hence, it may due to dead hard drive as Deason Wu says or even the USB cable. Sometimes, low power to hard drive also cause the issue (if externally powered or requires 2 USB cables). Kindly check the power and USB cable as well.

Balaji Kundalam

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 6:32 AM

Balaji Kundalam

Thank you. My HDD dead and I prepare a new one.
    Sunday, January 17, 2016 9:35 AM
  • Do you know how to search the internet for information?  If you did you would have discovered that NORELSYS it the brand name of a USB 3,0 to SATA bridge:

Norelsys NS1066 USB 3.0 to SATA Ⅱ Bridge Controller

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Sunday, January 17, 2016 1:02 PM
  • Hey

Im Also having same problem with my Lenovo F309 1Tb External HDD. Finally i found solution for that just go to this link

http://cogismith.com/1GYL

Thursday, August 24, 2017 12:55 PM
  • Hey man , i have a Lenovo F309 1Tb External HDD too , ur link is dead , may i know ur solution plz 
    Monday, December 18, 2017 11:41 PM
  • Same here, 
     i have a Lenovo F309 1Tb External HDD too , ur link is dead , may i know ur solution plz 

Monday, June 10, 2019 1:15 PM