none
Pinball in Windows 7

All replies

•  

Hi Dwarf63,

Thank you for sharing it.

J

Monday, March 09, 2009 9:41 AM
  • Yes yes, I would like very thank you because XP Pinball was amazing game ! :-)
    Sunday, September 26, 2010 7:04 AM
  • dwarf, please help me i'm a beginner of sorts and i need your step by step help because i don't know how to copy the files and i have been trying, also how would i open up command prompt?
    Wednesday, October 05, 2011 1:17 PM
  • I think in your case it might be easier to work directly off the disk which, as I mentioned in the link I gave in the first post, is possible.

To do this, you first of all need to create a folder. This will be the destination folder and, as everything is self-contained, you can relocate it afterwards to a more suitable location. You can even save the whole folder to a USB flash drive, and the next time you want to install Pinball (perhaps after a reinstallation of your OS), all you need to do is to copy this folder back to your computer.

I suggest that you create this folder on your desktop, and give it the name Pinball. Right-click on a blank space on your desktop, mouse over New on the menu that pops up and then click on Folder on the fly-out menu. Rename this new folder to Pinball as you would rename any other folder.

Now, follow this Tutorial http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/947-command-prompt.html and open a command prompt. With reference to the main link (see first post), type the following command at the prompt:

expand "d:\i386\pinball.ch_" "c:\users\<YourUserName>\desktop\pinball"

Repeat this command for each of the files listed. Next, copy the wavemix.inf file directly off the disk (browse the i386 folder for this file, right-click on it, choose Copy from the menu, click to open the destination folder and then right-click again and choose Paste).

Now, we need to rename all of the files so that the extensions are correct. For example, pinball.ch_ should become pinball.chm. To do this, right-click on each file, click Rename and then click End and Backspace to remove the _ character from the existing name. Using the table I provided, type in the correct character, (i.e. .ch_ would have the _ replaced by m to read .chm) and then press Enter/Return. Repeat this for the rest of the files.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 2:51 PM
  • Hi dwarf and other user here who are having problems following the instructions, you can download a exe file here which will automatically extract and install it on both vista and win 7 hope this is helps
    Monday, February 20, 2012 9:01 AM
  • Thanks for posting this. I loved that game in XP and have missed it. Good to know I can get it again!
    Monday, March 26, 2012 5:45 PM