none
Can't open ACPI ATK0100 Kernel Mode Driver

Question

• If you installed incompatible Hardware device driver for ATKHotKey(e.g. Lenovo SL400, SL500) in Windows7, you may receive the error "Can't open ACPI ATK0100 Kernel Mode Driver" after booting.

A possible solution will be offered in the following reply.
    Jin Chen - MSFT
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 4:44 AM

Answers

• Problem
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you installed incompatible Hardward driver for ATKHotKey(e.g. Lenovo SL400, SL500) in Windows7, you may receive the error "Can't open ACPI ATK0100 Kernel Mode Driver" after booting.

Cause
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Incompatible Hardware device driver.

Possible Solution
    Please try to install the Hardware Device Driver using Compatibility Mode to solve the issue:
    1. Place the driver installation file on the Desktop.

2. Right Click the driver installation file and select Properties/Compatibility Tab. Select the appropriate options.
        For Windows 7 I would suggest selecting Windows Vista SP2

3. Click Apply/OK.

4. Right Click the file and select the Run As Administrator option to install.

Jin Chen - MSFT
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 4:51 AM

All replies

• Problem
    If you installed incompatible Hardward driver for ATKHotKey(e.g. Lenovo SL400, SL500) in Windows7, you may receive the error "Can't open ACPI ATK0100 Kernel Mode Driver" after booting.

Cause

Possible Solution
    Please try to install the Hardware Device Driver using Compatibility Mode to solve the issue:

2. Right Click the driver installation file and select Properties/Compatibility Tab. Select the appropriate options.

3. Click Apply/OK.

Jin Chen - MSFT
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 4:51 AM
  • Problem

Cause

Possible Solution

3. Click Apply/OK.

Jin Chen - MSFT
    You just answered your own question :) basically your trying to install either WinXP or Vista Drivers that are Not made for W7(Incompatible) so either use MS's drivers or wait till your Manufacture comes out with Drivers for W7.

Experience is Use/Knowledge and understanding that Use/Knowledge is the key to Experience. -JJTech

Windows 7 RC: Remember now this OS is not final and is Subject to all kinds of things that can very on different hardware. -JJTech
    • Proposed as answer by cd dvd device Sunday, March 20, 2011 12:24 PM
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 5:25 AM
  • I have the same error coming up however the system was taken from Win 7 to an Win XP image. Suggestions for this?
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 8:08 PM
  • http://support.asus.com.tw/troubleshooting/troubleshooting.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

For ASUS Notebooks, that's a trouble shooting link for your ASUS Notebook's Driver Updates. I have seen the part mentioned on the ASUS site, as it applies to their computers. I'm guessing that other manufacturers like Lenovo, Toshiba, et al, will have similar trouble shooting sites but I cannot say for certain.    

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 10:02 PM