none
Install 32 bit / 64 bit

Question

• you didnt offer 64 bit when I recived download can I install/upgrade 64 B on 32 B or do I have to uninstall and if so how ?
    • Edited by NTGOG Sunday, February 01, 2009 2:09 AM
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 2:04 AM

Answers

• Hi

There is menu that allows you to select what version you want to download - 32 bit or 64 bit.

You cannot update windows x64 with windows 7 32 bit, so better go back and download proper version.

Also windows 7 is beta, that means you should not upgrade your working windows with it, or you may loose your data or may make your pc to not be able to boot.

As MS recommends you should install windows 7 beta on some test PC, but not on your work pc

Thursday, January 29, 2009 2:30 AM

All replies

• Hi

There is menu that allows you to select what version you want to download - 32 bit or 64 bit.

You cannot update windows x64 with windows 7 32 bit, so better go back and download proper version.

Also windows 7 is beta, that means you should not upgrade your working windows with it, or you may loose your data or may make your pc to not be able to boot.

As MS recommends you should install windows 7 beta on some test PC, but not on your work pc

Thursday, January 29, 2009 2:30 AM
  • Ventsislav Alexandriyski said:

Hi

Also windows 7 is beta, that means you should not upgrade your working windows with it, or you may loose your data or may make your pc to cannot boot.

Mr. Alexandriyski:

I want to create a dual boot OS to evaluate W7.  I'm currently running Vista HB SP1.  If I use the shrink command and then create a second partition, can I later use the Expand function to recover my current partition to its original size?

Thank you.

Robert Goltz Please, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 2:42 AM
  • " . . . can I later use the Expand function to recover my current partition to its original size?"

Yes.  When you are finished with Win7, boot back into Vista to fix your boot options.  Reboot again to make sure that your system defaults to Vista.  Once that is done, delete the Win7 partition.  Once you see the new unallocated space, you can expand you present Vista partition.

Of course make a good backup of your Vista configuration prior to doing so.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:28 AM
  • R GoltzJr. said:

Ventsislav Alexandriyski said:

Hi

Also windows 7 is beta, that means you should not upgrade your working windows with it, or you may loose your data or may make your pc to cannot boot.

Mr. Alexandriyski:

I want to create a dual boot OS to evaluate W7.  I'm currently running Vista HB SP1.  If I use the shrink command and then create a second partition, can I later use the Expand function to recover my current partition to its original size?

Thank you.

Hello Robert Goltz!

As and DarienHawk67 said, it is possible to do this, if you of course have enough free space, so you can Reduce, Reuse, Recycle :)

You will need at least 20GB partition to install Windows 7.

Before to start installing Windows 7 you must know that it is beta version, and MS recommends to install it on separate test machine, so you can install it on your working machine on your own risk.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:04 PM
  • I installed a 2nd HD to my pc and installed it there when I start my pc it gives me the option to boot either OS
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 1:25 PM
  • did that but 32 bit is installed and will not except 64 how do I un install 32 bit W 7
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 1:26 PM
  • What you did, and why you want to remove 32 bit OS, and what is this 32 bit OS?
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 2:18 PM
  • just wanted to see if PC was faster as built a fast pc but failed to originally install 64 bit XP now that I have played with W7 32 bit I could see the benefits. and in answer to my own question set boot priority to DVD and install
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:44 PM
  • To install win7 x64 over win7 32bit, just boot from win7 x64 dvd and from setup format partition before to install win7 x64
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 4:49 PM
  • in process of install received error install.wim dose not exist downloaded prog and made boatable disc 2 times same reply I set boot priority when I tried it your way message stated its not a 32 bit ap would not let me get to partition
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 6:06 PM
  • Boot from dvd use repair to get to command prompt and format correct partition, then reboot and install win7 x64
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 6:16 PM
  • that didnt work either will not let me get that far goes to install then error Ill try again
    Friday, January 30, 2009 3:34 PM
  • ok boot from any other OS cd/dvd you have and format or delete this parttition
    Friday, January 30, 2009 3:44 PM
  • Are you sure you have 64bit capable hardware?
    Friday, January 30, 2009 5:01 PM
  • Oh yes 

ASUS P5W DH DELUXE  
    Core2Duo 2.66 1066MHz,

4 GIG OCZ Gold DDR2 800 MHz MEM,

Nvidia 8600 gt 512 MEM,

320 gig Segate 7200 HD

26 in Sanyo LCD HD TV

Saturday, January 31, 2009 8:04 PM
  • Dont say oh because I see the problem here and it is called OCZ :)
    And OCZ meands overclock :)
    And overclock especially without a reason as in this case means a lot of problems :)

Do this:
    1. set RAM to run on JEDEC compliand SPD profile
    2. Test ram for errors

And one question is this default clock of your CPU or it is overclocked too?

Note: I will not mention that P5W Dh Deluce also means a lot of problems :)
    Saturday, January 31, 2009 9:27 PM
  •      Im having no probs at all once I figured out how to use the OS 64 bit is installed and working fine this time I did not even have to install HP 5550 deskjet printer I bought 10 years ago was having probs with Novalogics BHD on 32 bit which is approx 10 years old but no prob on 64 bit. brought my overall PC Pitstop score from 3500 on XP and W7 32 bit up to 4700 with 64 bit and an overall rating in the top 12% OCZ Technology products work fine as standard but can be overclocked safely If I my self feel a need to overclock being a gamer/ PC builder I will just upgrade my MB,PROC, and mem. to Intel I core and ddr3 1800Mhz mem   Asus Rampage II Extreme Motherboard - Intel X58, LGA 1366 seems to be running pretty smoothly with the Bios they are running as of now cant wait to see just how fast they can make it with a little time. W7 OS memory diagnostic states every thing fine
    Sunday, February 01, 2009 12:59 AM
  • So what was the problem?

According to R2E................ thing are not so good as you think and bios cannot fix them
    Sunday, February 01, 2009 2:36 AM
  • NTGOG,

there are many other wonders in W7 just dig & play

you will love it

Sunday, February 01, 2009 3:31 AM
  • been playing with it for 3 days now and I already love it cant wait till it comes out will prob have to keep my XP based pc just to play some of my older games butt maybe not as the 1999 edition of soldier of fortune Gold loaded up and with just a little tweaking played fine Im having some probs with the added progs for BHD and that is my fav game but reports have been sent and hopefully it will be fixed good job so far Microsoft. exp like the self fix and reporting
    Sunday, February 01, 2009 10:49 PM
  • I was getting all of those errors when I was trying to install the OS didnt seem to be able to find the progs was prob because I was trying to find the files on the wrong HD works great been playing COD4 and BHD off and on for 2 days now had to shut off punkbuster on COD4 because it was booting me from the game couldnt recognize the OS and the pinger for BHD is incompatible so I have to login just takes longer the DX 9 seems to work better in W7 than XP but its a somewhat faster OS I studied long and hard before I build this PC 2 years ago to make sure it would work fast and with pretty much every thing I wanted to load on it had quite a few friends that went other ways and needless to say it is still running fine and most of there pcs have had to be upgraded or just dont work at all just finished Crysis Warhead and played it with all settings full bore with no probs

Sunday, February 01, 2009 11:00 PM

So what was the problem?

According to R2E................ thing are not so good as you think and bios cannot fix them

Sunday, February 01, 2009 11:27 PM

Ventsislav Alexandriyski said:

So what was the problem?

Im assuming this is what your looking for finally got to installing my ASUS updater installed fine and gave me a multitude of updates from audio to 8 MB bios update hope the other MB MFGs are on top of this 2
    Monday, February 02, 2009 5:47 PM
  •  Hello and thank you for your replies and advice.  I appreciate your help and answers (the warning(s) too.

I'm going to try it and see what happens.  I'll report back, if I can!!  NOT LOL.
    Respectfully,
    Saturday, February 07, 2009 1:24 AM
  • Darien:
    Hello and thank you for your replies and advice.  I appreciate your help and answers (the warning(s) too.

I'm going to try it and see what happens.  I'll report back, if I can!!  NOT LOL.
    Respectfully,
    Saturday, February 07, 2009 1:25 AM
  • just built my new 780i quad core and tried the same way installed a HD and 64 bit W7 seemed like the last time I just had to keep trying to install till it took but this time it crashed the XP os 2 got it back up but no matter what I did was not stable my whole system had to do a complete restore think Ill wait till 7 comes out for this 1 have 8 GIG of 1066 MHz Memory for it so we will see how fast 7 is cant wait so lets GETRDONE   
    Monday, March 02, 2009 6:47 PM