none
No audio output device installed

Question

• I don't know exactly what i did but i was trying to change the properties(bass, treble,etc.)  of my speakers that are connected to my laptop I did something and now  there is an X on the speaker symbol at the bottom of my screen, my speakers won't work, my laptops built in speakers won't even work. When I place the arrow over the speaker symbol with the x is says no audio output device is installed. the speakers were just working fine.
    Friday, October 24, 2008 9:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This issue sound like the Windows Vista Speakers setting issue, please take the following steps to enable it.

1.Right-click on the speaker icon on the system tray.

2.Select "Playback Devices".

3.In the resulting dialog, ensure that the " Playback " tab is selected.

4.Please set “Speakers” as a Default device.

Hope it helps.

Monday, October 27, 2008 9:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This issue sound like the Windows Vista Speakers setting issue, please take the following steps to enable it.

1.Right-click on the speaker icon on the system tray.

2.Select "Playback Devices".

3.In the resulting dialog, ensure that the " Playback " tab is selected.

4.Please set “Speakers” as a Default device.

Hope it helps.

Monday, October 27, 2008 9:18 AM
  • Those are Exactly the same symptoms mines had.  I say HAD because I finally got it fixed.  According to www.noaudiooutput.com there is several different causes to this red x "no audio output device found" phenom.  So the cure seems to depend on the cause.  They listed a bunch of solutions, that is where I found mine  You may want to try reinstalling the driver in safe mode.

Hope it helps.

Thursday, November 06, 2008 9:47 AM
  • After i go to the playback tab there is nothing under it. It says that there are no devices installed. PLEASE HELP ME!
    Sunday, July 25, 2010 4:16 PM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem; after going to the playback tab there is nothing applicable. It says that there are no devices installed. PLEASE HELP ME!

Thursday, July 07, 2011 4:55 PM