none
Remote App Fails hangs at Preparing Windows RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user workstation that will not launch a <g class="gr_ gr_24 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="24" id="24">remoteapp</g>. When the user launches the remote app it hangs at preparing windows. I have logged in as another user on that local machine and experience the same issue. I can <g class="gr_ gr_23 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling" data-gr-id="23" id="23">login</g> as that user on another machine and <g class="gr_ gr_21 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="21" id="21">i</g> experience no difficulties. There were suggestions to add the <g class="gr_ gr_25 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="25" id="25">remoteapp</g> <g class="gr_ gr_26 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="26" id="26">url</g> to the trusted sites, this proved <g class="gr_ gr_38 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="38" id="38">unsuccesful</g>. I would greatly appreciate any advice as i am pulling my hair out. 

• Edited by JoshAtlas Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:48 PM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2016 2:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi JoshAtlas,

Please try to modify your case. It includes many unexpected sentence and it make the case very hard to read. Thanks for your cooperation.

Are you using the metro app "Remote desktop" to establish a remote connection? Are there any error messages recorded in the Event Viewer(Windows Logs\Application)?

If you are using the metro app, please try the desktop remote app(mstsc). Turn off the firewall and the antivirus software to have a test.

Best regards

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, July 14, 2016 6:13 AM
  • MeipoXu,

The Remote app is launched from a web portal. It downloads to the users <g class="gr_ gr_53 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="53" id="53">pc</g> they launch it from there. I will turn off windows firewall and test. The weird thing is that i can use the users <g class="gr_ gr_369 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="369" id="369">mtstc</g> app and get to it no problem.

Joshua Moorehead

Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:55 PM
  • Hi JoshAtlas,

You have configured the Remote Desktop service of Remote app from the Server and you are trying to connect to it from the client, right?

If that is the issue, we could try to ask for help from our Server forum at the same time. They may have some good advices.
    Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services)
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=winserverTS

Best regards

Friday, July 15, 2016 1:37 AM
  • This process is working for a 100 users or so, so it is just something with that users' profile. 

Joshua Moorehead

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 3:25 PM
  • Hi JoshAtlas,

Have you configure the remote app to be available for all the users?

If the issue only occurred with the specific user, there is a possibility that the present user account has been corrupted. We could refer to the following link to have a fix.

Fix a corrupted user profile in Windows 7(The steps should be applied to Windows 10, too)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/14039/windows-7-fix-corrupted-user-profile

Best regards

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 8:15 AM