none
Open Media Player 12 Maximized?

Question

• Is there any way to ensure that Media Player opens "maximized"?  When using Explorer, clicking "play" on a video file always open a small window that I have to "maximize" which takes a few seconds.  Thanks.

wwaag
    Sunday, May 31, 2009 7:26 PM

All replies

• By default, Windows Media Player 12 changes the video to "fit video to player", which unfortunately is that sorry excuse of a window for a video

right-click on the window and under the menu "video" click on the "fit player to video", and then press alt+2 to make sure the video runs in 100% size. This will cause Windows Media Player 12 to open a window that fits to your video's size

Sunday, May 31, 2009 8:33 PM
  • I figured out a way to do this though it seems there should be an easier way.

First I opened Windows Media Player from the Start Menu.
    From the File menu, I clicked Open... then navigated to an .mp3 file (I would think any audio file format should work though).
    After the music started, on the View menu I clicked Now Playing (which should switch you to the "mini player") then I turned on the Visualizer.
    Next, I resized the player, clicked on Full Screen and exited.
    Now when I start a video file it starts with the player window the same size and place I left it (before clicking Full Screen).

I would imagine not all these steps are necessary but I don't know which ones so feel free to experiment and let me know.  Hope this helps!

QUOTED word for word from another poster on another thread!
    Sunday, May 31, 2009 8:34 PM
  • You could use the command line parameters for wmplayer:

wmplayer "C:\Users\Public\Videos\Sample Videos\Wildlife.wmv" /fullscreen
    Monday, June 01, 2009 6:11 AM