This really doing my head in and I am trying to turn off my windows firewall as I need to test some VPN access issues, but I get that dreaded message "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator".
I have now done som much reading online and I have enabled some kind of hidden administrator, but even that account gets the same error. All I want to do is turn off my firewall. Please assist.
Do you get any other error code when you try to turn off the Windows Firewall?
Stop the service for Windows Firewall Service please.
1. Click on Start Menu;
2. In the start Search box type Services;
3. Right Click on - RUN AS ADMIN;
4. stop Windows Firewall Service and change the Started type to Manual.
5. stop DCOM Server Process Launcher and RPC Endpoint Mapper. (optional)
6. stop Base Filtering Engine.(optional)
If the issue persists, you could restore firewall settings to defaults. And then stop the service for Windows Firewall Serivces.
Microsoft is conducting an online survey to understand your opinion of the Technet Web site. If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Technet Web site.