none
HDA Audio Bus driver Lenovo Thinkcenter M55

Question

• I have installed Windows 7 RC Build 7100 X64 - the 64 bit Windows 7. The Device manager shows:
    The drivers for this device are not installed Code28) for my Multimedia Audio Driver.
    When I try to update the driver I get this message:

hda audio bus driver not installed.

I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre M55 8811E2M Intel® Core 2 Duo Processor E6600, 1GB, 80GB 7200RPM S-ATA HDD, no diskette drive, PCI/PCIe Tower (4x5), Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3000, 16x DVD-ROM, Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet with a SoundMax embedded chip.

I have tried Windows Update to no avail. Sound chip is still not recognised.

How can I get my sound card working with Windows 7?

Where can I find a HDA driver for this?
    Bernard
    Saturday, August 08, 2009 2:37 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Bernard

Your best strategy at this time would be to check the Lenovo support websites for the drivers. Here are some links that may be helpful.

Lenovo Support & downloads - Drivers and software - ThinkCentre

Lenovo Support & downloads - Windows 7

Lenovo Community - Support Forums

If you cannot find a specific Windows 7 driver for that device, download the latest Vista driver and install it using the compatibility mode options. See the instructions in the following link,

HOW TO: Install a Hardware Device Driver using Compatibility Mode

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Saturday, August 08, 2009 7:01 PM
  • Hi Ronnie

Thanks for your prompt answer.

However the links to Lenovo provide drivers that I tried but the sound card still will not install in Windows 7. At present the sound card is not part of their Windows 7 Beta drivers and the only one they have for vista does not work. I tried it. It is only for 32 bit or so it says when I try to install it.

There is also an \AMD64 folder which I tried next and that showed up ok in my list of drivers, but on installing, it says that it cannot start the hardware.

Now in my device Manager I have

SoundMax Integrated Digital HD Audio with an apostrophe next to it - "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

Searching on Google for this error shows that other users of XP as well come across this problem. Guess I will have to wait for the correct drivers to come out.
    Bernard
    Sunday, August 09, 2009 1:22 AM
  • Probably too late to answer for a product already released. Use windows update for the audio driver. Alternatively, search on the windows update catalog and will find the soundmax driver.
    Friday, September 17, 2010 2:22 AM