none
How to install audio devices in Windows 7

Question

• Hi, I just installed windows 7 beta in my gateway MX7525 laptop, but it does not detects my sound card... I think it is a Conexant AC97... I already tried various drivers (XP and Vista) but still nothing... can anyone help me???

Thanks!!
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 7:25 AM

Answers

•  Take a look at this QnA thread, specifically Andzja's comment to his own question.
    http://qna.live.com/ShowQuestion.aspx?qid=7FF340A7548C40B4A63063E076DDEA37&pUrl=Search.aspx%3fq%3dConexant%2bAC97%26go%3d%26form%3dQB
    Jeff
    Windows Outreach Team
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 1:55 AM
  • Hello,

I'd suggest using the previous driver in Compatibility mode. Remove that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

If the problem still persists, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system (only the beta version) and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; some old driver is not compatible with new OS. I suggest that you should wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

Friday, February 13, 2009 9:12 AM

All replies

•  Take a look at this QnA thread, specifically Andzja's comment to his own question.
    http://qna.live.com/ShowQuestion.aspx?qid=7FF340A7548C40B4A63063E076DDEA37&pUrl=Search.aspx%3fq%3dConexant%2bAC97%26go%3d%26form%3dQB
    Jeff
    Windows Outreach Team
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 1:55 AM
  • Hello,

I'd suggest using the previous driver in Compatibility mode. Remove that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

If the problem still persists, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system (only the beta version) and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; some old driver is not compatible with new OS. I suggest that you should wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

Friday, February 13, 2009 9:12 AM