Windows 10 1809 - Favorites RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have reference image Windows 10 1809 for creating Gold image for mass deployment. In which in reference image I created a company favorites links and added under C\users\default\Favorites\Favorites Bar\Company custom links so that it display under Favorites bar then

I captured the image and deployed to a test machine in which I can see 2 Favorites Bar in same location (C\users\userid\Favorites). How to avoid duplicate creation? Please advice

Regards, Pratap

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 12:51 PM

Answers

• I got the solution, quiet silly

I was creating a new folder and changing the name as Favorites Bar which is causing the duplicate entry for all users

Instead i copied the Favorites Bar from "C:\Users\Administrator\Favorites" and then pasted under "C:\Users\Default\Favorites" which worked fine.

Regards, Pratap

• Edited by Sanak pratap Tuesday, July 2, 2019 12:55 PM mod
    • Marked as answer by Sanak pratap Tuesday, July 2, 2019 12:55 PM
    Tuesday, July 2, 2019 12:52 PM

All replies

• Any input please

Regards, Pratap

Sunday, June 30, 2019 11:23 AM
  • Hi,

I will do a test based on your situation, and will share the result later.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, June 30, 2019 2:39 PM
  • Have you determined if they are duplicates? Does a shortcut created in one appear in he other? If not, create new unique shortcuts in each one. Then search for those .url files to determine the other source folder.

Keith

Sunday, June 30, 2019 10:44 PM
  • I got the solution, quiet silly

I was creating a new folder and changing the name as Favorites Bar which is causing the duplicate entry for all users

Instead i copied the Favorites Bar from "C:\Users\Administrator\Favorites" and then pasted under "C:\Users\Default\Favorites" which worked fine.

Regards, Pratap

• Edited by Sanak pratap Tuesday, July 2, 2019 12:55 PM mod
    • Marked as answer by Sanak pratap Tuesday, July 2, 2019 12:55 PM
    Tuesday, July 2, 2019 12:52 PM
  • Glad to see that your issue is resolved. Thanks for sharing.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 1:40 PM