i tray to uninstall DP ,WDS and delete Reminstall, recreate Boot images 

nothing no advertisements found

save me

:(

SMSPXE.log

Mahmoud

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 3:17 PM

All replies

• Do you have a deployment linked to your deployment collection ?

Do you want unknown computer support ?

Benoit Lecours | Blog: System Center Dudes

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 3:21 PM
  • Look at the smspxe.log on the server it is connecting to. Find the MAC in the log and see what the line is telling you. Either the device is already known and you need to create a collection, if you haven't, and deploy the OS image to it or that MAC may be used by another system. This is only likely if you have USB/Ethernet dongles or shared docks for some equipment.

This sql query will help you find if another system may be registered with that MAC.

SELECT gcs.Name0, gna.MACAddress0

FROM v_GS_COMPUTER_SYSTEM gcs
    	JOIN v_GS_NETWORK_ADAPTER gna ON gcs.ResourceID = gna.ResourceID

WHERE gna.MACAddress0 = '00:50:56:23:08:61'
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 3:22 PM
  • WDS/PXE looks to be working OK. WDSNBP is downloaded. Are you deploying your task sequence to Unknown computers?

Your MAC address is known (ending 08:61)

Have a look in All Systems. Are there any Unknown devices? Delete them (Be careful - do not touch the collections called "Unknown Computers".

Gerry Hampson | Blog: www.gerryhampsoncm.blogspot.ie | LinkedIn: Gerry Hampson | Twitter: @gerryhampson

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 3:24 PM
  • The MAC or SMBIOSGUID of the booting device is not known, so ConfigMgr is looking for a deployment to unknown devices. That does not exist. So either import a computer or use unknown computer support.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 3:25 PM
  • task sequance is deploy on the collection

yes i want unknown computer but i also import the computer info into device collection manually

thx

Mahmoud

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 5:34 AM
  • thank you Gerry

when i am trying to connect to unknown computer and i failure, i import the computer info to device collection so it become knowing computer  

Mahmoud

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 5:39 AM
  • i am already do it and import computer info in to Device collection

Mahmoud

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 5:40 AM
  • when i am trying to deploy to unknown computer and it is failure, i import computer info in to Device collection

Mahmoud

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 5:44 AM
  • Hi,

Quote: i import computer info in to Device collection

So could you pxe boot successfully after deploy the task sequence to the device?

Best Regards,

Joyce

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 6:47 AM
  • yes i did and the PXE boot does not success,

I use (VM WARE) by the way and re build a multiple new machine with the same error

Mahmoud

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 8:56 AM
  • Hi,

It's so strange. Can you see the task sequence deployment when you look into the properties of the Device under the Assets and Compliance?

Best Regards,

Joyce

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, June 5, 2014 2:58 AM

• Mahmoud

Monday, June 9, 2014 6:15 AM
  • Hi,

I've had the same issue. I was failed to distribute the boot images to the distribution points. It's gone through when i distributed. :)

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 11:01 AM
  • Is the deployment set to be made available to PXE?

Cheers Paul | http://sccmentor.wordpress.com

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 11:09 AM
  • Do you have your task sequence deployed as "required" to the colleciton where this MAC address is imported?

If so, please check this out and see if the query returns a null entry - https://brotechcm2012.wordpress.com/2015/06/07/pxe-issue-there-are-no-task-sequences-available-to-this-computer-please-ensure-you-have-at-least-one-task-sequence-advertised-to-this-computer/

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 11:06 PM
  • just from my own experience here I did the following:

1. Removed PXE

- confirmed in distmgr.log that the role was removed and WDS

2. Restarted DP

- Remove RemoteInstall Folder

3. Recreated the x86 and x64 Boot Images

- Distributed them and made them available to the PXE\DP

4. Recreated\Updated my MDT Task Sequence with the correct Boot Image

5. Installed the PXE and WDS roles

** above error still continued and advertisement still failed **

6. Restarted the WDS service and it worked

Sunday, June 11, 2017 4:13 PM
  • Hi All,

I know it is an old topic but it solved for me by updating the membership of the collection !!

I tried everything but this simple task fixed the issue !!

It may help others.

Cheers,

Amir

• Proposed as answer by Janis Wolf Thursday, September 20, 2018 1:04 PM
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 12:49 PM
  • Thank you Amir, this was the solution for me as well!

• Proposed as answer by EJBonfield Wednesday, February 7, 2018 12:56 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by EJBonfield Wednesday, February 7, 2018 12:56 PM
    Tuesday, October 31, 2017 10:59 PM
  • I can confirm that doing this resolved my issue with "advertising" as well :-)
    Tuesday, February 20, 2018 1:02 PM
  • Did both distributing boot images (forgot to check) and updating the collection. Not sure what helped but it started to work then.

Thanks guys!

Friday, March 2, 2018 2:17 PM
  • Wow! It's an old thread but I solved my PXE problem on a freshly installed SCCM 2016 Server with this trick! Thanks so much! :-)

Thursday, September 20, 2018 1:04 PM
  • I know this is a very old thread but this is one more possible scenario.
    Maybe this one will help someone someday too. :)

In our case, one of the computers refused to boot to Windows and just for testing, old hard drive, from the  other, decommissioned computer has been installed to it. Just to test if it will boot to Windows.
    It did. But at the same time, the computer name, from Windows installed on this old HDD registered in SCCM.
    Normally we just delete computer we want to rebuild from SCCM, so it becomes an "unknown Computer" and then rebuild it. This time however, there was another computer registered in SCCM, with the same MAC address.

The solution was to go to Devices and and simply search for the MAC address of our computer.
    When the other computer name appeared in the search result, it was enough to simply delete it from SCCM. 

• Edited by Vodzoo Friday, June 26, 2020 11:44 AM Correction
    Friday, June 26, 2020 11:43 AM