none
Mouse without border not working in corporate environment. RRS feed

• Question

• Mouse without borders was working great in out office under windows 7, once we migrated to windows 10 all the connections do is time out. We have tried all the steps listed including adding proxy entries and local firewalls but the connections still time out. Does anyone know if there are firewall settings or specific ports that require to be open? I use TCPView and saw local ports 15100 and 15101 being used but not sure what IP address it reaches out to if any. I am sure I will need specific if I need to open a firewall request with the company. Odd thing is on WIN7 we use the same FW that we now use for WIN10 so it seems its something with WIN10 that is blocking the linking.
    Tuesday, May 8, 2018 3:11 PM

All replies

• something with WIN10 that is blocking the linking.

I would ask here where the author occasionally visits.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/mouse-without-borders-mousewithoutborders/0523308d-3406-4273-b86e-bef28aa6b50d 

Apparently there is a new version.  Which one do you have and can your machines be updated with it?  E.g. lately I seem to have been bothered by having MWB security keys changing unexpectedly and then having to be resynchronized.

FWIW my biggest problem with this is that the new version is so different that I can no longer connect with it from my Surface RT (which uses an old Windows Phone version).  They stopped supporting Windows Phone as an emulated Mouse and Keyboard combination.  So, instead I am having to use Remote Desktop Connection.  That means I can't have more than one session active at a time on the host machine; otherwise in some ways RDC is even better than MWB, e.g. on the client machine I just need to minimize the session to get back to whatever I am doing there.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 5:22 PM
  • Newly built desktops running version 2.1.8.0105.  I did notice the keys changed but I resynced them and still timed out.    I will go to the link you provided, I was there earlier but it did not have an answer but I will post this time.  Thank you Robert
    Tuesday, May 8, 2018 5:57 PM