Windows 8.1 64-bit is not being installed. RRS feed

• Question

• I need to upgrade my 32-bit Windows 8.1 to 64-bit Windows 8.1. My processor also does support 64-bit operating system. But when I boot it, my LCD displays a message "Out of Range". What type of problem is it? Whether is it LCD resolution problem or hardware problem? What should I do in either problems?
    Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The “Out Of Range” error message indicates that you have exceeded the maximum possible video resolution or horizontal & vertical frequency that your display device is capable of using. Lower your input resolution and horizontal/vertical frequency to one that is listed as compatible in the display device specifications chart.

For the issue,I would like to know your display size.19" or 23"?

Meanwhile,resolution is related to display size.It's not related to your operating system.

If your PC has a 64-bit capable processor (CPU) but is currently running a 32-bit version of Windows, you can install a 64-bit version of Windows 8.1, but you'll need to buy it as a DVD and perform a clean installation. You won't be able to keep any files, settings, or apps when you update from a 32-bit to a 64-bit version.

I would like to share the following article:

32-bit and 64-bit Windows: frequently asked questions
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/32-bit-and-64-bit-windows-frequently-asked-questions

Some knowledge also apply to windows 8.1.

Regards,

Kelvin hsu
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by kelvin_hsu Monday, November 25, 2013 3:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by kelvin_hsu Thursday, December 5, 2013 1:59 AM
    Monday, November 25, 2013 3:18 PM

All replies

• Your monitor does not support the Resolution coming from Your pc.. try a different monitor during the installation
    Tuesday, November 12, 2013 1:11 PM
  • The question is that how is it accepting all resolutions in 32 bit operating system?
    Tuesday, November 12, 2013 6:19 PM
  • Hi,

The “Out Of Range” error message indicates that you have exceeded the maximum possible video resolution or horizontal & vertical frequency that your display device is capable of using. Lower your input resolution and horizontal/vertical frequency to one that is listed as compatible in the display device specifications chart.

For the issue,I would like to know your display size.19" or 23"?

Meanwhile,resolution is related to display size.It's not related to your operating system.

If your PC has a 64-bit capable processor (CPU) but is currently running a 32-bit version of Windows, you can install a 64-bit version of Windows 8.1, but you'll need to buy it as a DVD and perform a clean installation. You won't be able to keep any files, settings, or apps when you update from a 32-bit to a 64-bit version.

I would like to share the following article:

32-bit and 64-bit Windows: frequently asked questions
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/32-bit-and-64-bit-windows-frequently-asked-questions

Some knowledge also apply to windows 8.1.

Regards,

Kelvin hsu
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by kelvin_hsu Monday, November 25, 2013 3:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by kelvin_hsu Thursday, December 5, 2013 1:59 AM
    Monday, November 25, 2013 3:18 PM

• Hi! Currently, I'm using windows 8 64 bit version. I've 22 inch monitor which supports full HD resolution.

I want to clean install Windows 8.1. So, I've downloaded it from Microsoft's site. I tried installing Windows 8.1 using USB stick, DVD. But when I boot using Windows 8.1 installation media, I get following error on my monitor:

Out of Range

90.0 kHz / 60 Hz

Kindly solve my problem asap.

Sunday, February 2, 2014 5:15 AM
  • Similar problem, Out of Range H.frequency 90KHZ    V.frequency 60HZ.

I Bought 8.1 on DVD , hoping to boot from USB, but i get the out of range error.   If i pull out my USB stick before the out of range error message appears, i can install windows by selecting F8 from the I/o error screen that appears once the USB stick is removed, and then selecting low resolution.  Windows reboots after installation into the incorrect resolution and from there I have zero idea how to resolve this.

Monday, March 24, 2014 11:03 AM