none
Copy CD, DVD

Question

• Is it possible to make extra copies to other DVDs, CDs with Windows 7?
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 6:10 PM

Answers

• 1) Did rightclick DVD drive icon copy paste to desktop of Beijing games opening ceremonies DVD that I did last year. This made folder with Title of DVD, contents inside. Burned it to DVD-R. Mistake because folder not Video_TS, can play it in PC but Media Player can't auto. Threw DVD-R into waste basket. 

2) Copy Pasted Video_TS from explorer device folder view to desktop then copied that to DVD-R
    a) Works on inexpensive old Daytek DVD player attached to TV, where initially a menu with "Start" shows though I don't know how to effect start with DVD remote (not my equipment) controller. It does show Folder menu view where when VTS_01_1 is selected, DVD plays from beginning.

b) Odd that when given to my daughter's XBox360 it will not play - unknown or invalid media message where usually it will play what a) will not.

• Marked as answer by TheGonzoIsIn Sunday, October 25, 2009 8:43 AM
    Friday, October 23, 2009 12:21 PM

All replies

• Or do you mean a direct disc to disc copy?  CDBurnerXP is lightweight and works on 7 x64.
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 8:36 PM
  • As I know, the copy of disc may be not recognized as valid media if it owns a digital signature. If you want to make copies of Windows 7, it is recommended to contact Customer Service (800) 426-9400 for direct assistance, available Monday through Friday, from 6:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Pacific Time. 

Note
    : Microsoft Customer Service mainly handles issues regarding replacement manuals, disks, drivers and service packs, product IDs, lost CD keys, product orders, policies related to copying software on additional computers, licensing, and product registration.

Best Regards
    Dale

Friday, October 23, 2009 8:41 AM
  • 1) Did rightclick DVD drive icon copy paste to desktop of Beijing games opening ceremonies DVD that I did last year. This made folder with Title of DVD, contents inside. Burned it to DVD-R. Mistake because folder not Video_TS, can play it in PC but Media Player can't auto. Threw DVD-R into waste basket. 

2) Copy Pasted Video_TS from explorer device folder view to desktop then copied that to DVD-R
    a) Works on inexpensive old Daytek DVD player attached to TV, where initially a menu with "Start" shows though I don't know how to effect start with DVD remote (not my equipment) controller. It does show Folder menu view where when VTS_01_1 is selected, DVD plays from beginning.

b) Odd that when given to my daughter's XBox360 it will not play - unknown or invalid media message where usually it will play what a) will not.

• Marked as answer by TheGonzoIsIn Sunday, October 25, 2009 8:43 AM
    Friday, October 23, 2009 12:21 PM
  • Sorry to misunderstand your question. How did you burn the DVD? What is the DVD player you used to open this file? As I know, this behavior complies with DVD-V specifications. Most DVD players recognize DVDs that have the DVD-V format. However, some DVD players recognize only DVDs that have the DVD-R format. The DVD-R format does not use an OpenDVD folder. To workaround this problem, copy the files from the DVD-V-formatted disc to a local hard disk. Then, burn these files to a new DVD by using non-Microsoft software (Free Movie DVD Maker.etc) that does not create the OpenDVD folder.

Note: we provide third party software for references, there may be some changes without notice. Microsoft doesn't control and guarantee any security in this website.

For references:

Burn a DVD-Video disc.

Best Regards
    Dale
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 2:00 AM