none
iolo FileRescueWizard runtime error 217

Question

• Running Windows-7-Ultimate 64-bit.  I run iolo FileRescueWizard.  W7 requests permission which I grant and then W7 says the program has stopped working.  I tell it to "Check online for a solution and close the program."  W7 then says "Windows is checking for a solution to the problem" and eventually recieves "Runtime Error 217 at 004F3D78"  What should I do next?
    Friday, September 03, 2010 5:34 PM

Answers

• Hi, did it run well before? After I checking form Windows 7 Compatibility Center, iolo FileRescueWizard is not compatible with Windows 7, you can check it on:

Windows 7 Compatibility Center

Please try to run this program as administrator, or try using Windows XP Mode to see if the same issue appears:

Install and use Windows XP Mode in Windows 7

Anymore, you can go to iolo website for further help:

http://iolo.com/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, September 06, 2010 5:34 AM

All replies

• Hi, did it run well before? After I checking form Windows 7 Compatibility Center, iolo FileRescueWizard is not compatible with Windows 7, you can check it on:

Windows 7 Compatibility Center

Please try to run this program as administrator, or try using Windows XP Mode to see if the same issue appears:

Install and use Windows XP Mode in Windows 7

Anymore, you can go to iolo website for further help:

http://iolo.com/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, September 06, 2010 5:34 AM
  • The program never has run on Win7.  Checking the compatibilty center, it says Search and Rescue IS compatible. Nevertheless, it has problems with 64-bit Windows 7.  I tried installing under XP mode, but it still fails.  I downloaded the most up-to-date version at the iolo site, but it has the same problem.

I just purchased Search and Rescue since it was on sale and I thought it would be good to have on hand in case disaster strikes.  Even though it says it's compatible with 64-bit OS, it refuses to install.  I tried it under Virtual Machine and was able to install.  It then informed me that it would work for only one year.   Nowhere on the packaging did it indicate this expiration, nor did it indicate any incompatibility with Win7.  Based on this, I would say Iolo is a disreputable operation and would recommend not purchasing this product.

Thursday, September 09, 2010 2:47 PM