none
Stuttering In games w/ no ping spike or fps drop RRS feed

• Question

• Been happening for a few weeks, when I play games (Smite, Fistful of Frags, Tekken 7) I get stuttering every few seconds, where my view freezes and then suddenly updates with where I actually am. As the title says, I get no fps drop nor a ping spike when this occurs. In Fistful of Frags, I tried spectating to see if it persisted, It very strangely did not. Once I stopped spectating and joined the game however, it began again. I have been using this exact pc for years with little change to hardware. The only event even vaguely associated is that I am now on university wifi.

here's my specs:

MSI 970 Gaming Motherboard

AMD 8350 eight-core processor

GTX 960

Linksys WUSB6300 Network Adapter (I know USB is not ideal for this)

here's what I've tried:

Updating network adapter driver

Updating graphics driver

closing other potential problem programs

Saturday, October 12, 2019 1:18 AM

All replies

• When such freezing is happening immediately after playing the game then look at the event viewer  application error logs created after this ....it  will give you the clue. Post back here with error logs which will help us to help you further.

To launch the Event Viewer, just hit Start, type “Event Viewer” into the search box, and then click the result. Expand Windows Logs and click on Application log records. Here look for the errors created related to games.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Sunday, October 13, 2019 4:39 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Mr. Sengupta,

Here's what I found

svchost (7960,R,98) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023 (0xfffffc01) occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 9:16 PM