none
DirectX 11 not working!!!

Answers

• Hi again,
    I'm sorry to inform you that Lead3 is correct, I actually did not check close enough what model your graphics card was, I simply assumed that you knew for sure your hardware was DX 11 capable. Proves right that assuming often results in errors, my bad.
    Radeon™ HD 4600 Series

Loaded with the latest features, ATI Radeon™ HD 4600 Series graphics cards deliver a level of gaming performance previously only found in high-end graphics cards. Redefine the way you play HD games and enjoy unprecedented levels of graphics realism powered by 320 stream processing units, up to 1GB of memory and support for Microsoft DirectX® 10.1 games

The 5000 series and up will only have full support for DX 11.

I can't explain why the DX11 test would run on your system though, I recall it not being able to run unless it was supported, at least in the older versions. I have yet to use 2.5

Kind regards,

Stephan Schwarz.

If you one of these posts answered your question or issue, please click on "Mark as answer". If a post contained helpfull information, please be so kind to click on the "Vote as helpful" button :)

• Edited by Stephan Schwarz Monday, April 18, 2011 9:28 AM Added a note
    • Marked as answer by OneDarkLord Monday, April 18, 2011 7:13 PM
    Monday, April 18, 2011 9:09 AM

All replies

• It's a known bug in Windows 7 that has been discussed many. many times here.  The system is actually running DirectX 11.  It is not known if Microsoft will ever get this corrected as it has been like this since Windows 7 final version was released.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 1:51 PM
  • Hi,

Rick Dee is right, it's just a minor bug.

However, if you're not convinced that DX11 is working, you should download the Unigine Heaven Benchmark; http://unigine.com/products/heaven/ this is a DX11 benchmark and it's rather small to download, only like 230mb in size.

You'll get a startup menu to select your DX version you want to use to run the benchmark, make sure DX11 is selected, features like tesselation will only work if you have a DX11 videocard.

Kind regards,

Stephan Schwarz.

If you one of these posts answered your question or issue, please click on "Mark as answer". If a post contained helpfull information, please be so kind to click on the "Vote as helpful" button :)
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 2:16 PM
  • i download Unigine Heaven DX11 Benchmark 2.5 (Basic Edition) i install it and in the menu i choose DX11 and everything on max Tessellation i set on "Extreme" in the menu but when i run benchmark it's disabled...here's the results

http://www.mediafire.com/?n82qpqpyhayeyky

could be that my graphics card not support/compatible with DX11?

786PFs (1600x1200@60Hz) ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series (MSI)

here's the full information of my system i used program called " Speccy " from Piriform..

http://www.mediafire.com/?6sj88iadmptgqfg

and i would like to know what's the difference between OpenGL,OpenCL,OpenAL and OpenAI and what is their "job"...

BLOOD RUNS DEEP F.E.A.R. RUNS DEEPER

Sunday, April 17, 2011 6:29 PM
  • As far as I can tell, that card is not DirectX 11 capable.
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 6:36 PM
  • You apparently did not even read the information you refer to in your first link!

It states in the Settings box on the first line:  Render:  direct3d11  Sure looks like it supports DX11!

According to what you have posted it shows your card passed the Benchmark, or actually it's stating the results of the Benchmark.  Not sure about the report on Tessellation, but you can ask Unigine directly @ http://unigine.com/support/ since this is not a Microsoft utility!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 6:41 PM
  • Hi again,
    I'm sorry to inform you that Lead3 is correct, I actually did not check close enough what model your graphics card was, I simply assumed that you knew for sure your hardware was DX 11 capable. Proves right that assuming often results in errors, my bad.
    Radeon™ HD 4600 Series

Loaded with the latest features, ATI Radeon™ HD 4600 Series graphics cards deliver a level of gaming performance previously only found in high-end graphics cards. Redefine the way you play HD games and enjoy unprecedented levels of graphics realism powered by 320 stream processing units, up to 1GB of memory and support for Microsoft DirectX® 10.1 games

The 5000 series and up will only have full support for DX 11.

I can't explain why the DX11 test would run on your system though, I recall it not being able to run unless it was supported, at least in the older versions. I have yet to use 2.5

Kind regards,

Stephan Schwarz.

• Edited by Stephan Schwarz Monday, April 18, 2011 9:28 AM Added a note
    • Marked as answer by OneDarkLord Monday, April 18, 2011 7:13 PM
    Monday, April 18, 2011 9:09 AM
  • ye it's strange it past the DX 11 test( barley lol max FPS 5.0 xD ),but i could not enable the Tessellation of the DX 11,and i saw heaven benchmark on YouTube using DX 11,it's totally didn't looked the same like i even didn't enabled DX 11,well nvm thx for the help guys,keep the good work,god bless you! :)
    BLOOD RUNS DEEP F.E.A.R. RUNS DEEPER
    Monday, April 18, 2011 7:19 PM