none
sound,video,and game controllers are missing in device manager

Question

• HI...
    sound,video,and game controllers are missing in device manager.
    my computer is acer aspire 4520,driver REALTEK,windows 7 professional..

thx

Sunday, April 11, 2010 7:24 AM

All replies

• check in Device Manager for any devices that show a yellow exclamation point like this "!".

if there's at least one of them, remove it and make sure the option "Delete the software for this device" is selected, and click OK or Yes to remove the malfunctioning device and its drivers.

then download the latest Realtek HD Audio drivers here .  You will need to accept the license agreement on the Realtek downloads page first before proceeding to the Realtek HD Audio driver downloads for Vista/Win7.  Download the Realtek HD Audio driver "executable file" for Vista/Win7 and run its setup program to install the drivers and reboot your Acer Aspire computer afterwards.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 3:36 PM
  • Hello, I am having the same issue, the problem is I am running on Win7 and the device with the "!" is shown as a PCI Simple Communications Controller and i cant seem to delete it. When I uninstall it and install the realtek driver nothing really happens. After the reboot I have the same issue with my audio and the PCI Simple Communications Controller is still shown. Any help?
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 6:44 PM