none
Windows 10 1809 RRS feed

• Question

• I build a Windows 10 image on Citrix Virtual desktop. I used Citrix optimizer image wizard which does not have any registry setting related to disable application notification, however, I do not see any apps for the option under "Get notification from these senders"  under the windows 10 notification center. I am trying to enable "google chrome" and "Print Notification" but without the application listed I don't see any option to enable it. 

Chrome does have native option by browsing to chrome://flags/#enable-native-notification but I need to figure out the way to add in windows notification center.

I went through bunch of forums but most of them points to GP for adding dword value to disable it which is my case is not applicable as not configured state should have it enabled and same with user registry settings for toast which is already enabled

"

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 10:24 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Thanks for posting in this forum.

As far as I know, Citrix Virtual desktop is a third party application that require RDS sessions functionality.

Please understand, since we are not familiar with Citrix Virtual desktop, I would suggest you have this asked in Citrix forum for better answers.

If you need any further assistance on RDS technologies, you could post you query in our RDS forum.

Here is the link:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=winserverTS

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Thursday, October 3, 2019 7:02 AM
  • Hi ,

You could mark the useful reply as answer if you want to end this thread up.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

Candy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Monday, October 7, 2019 5:24 AM
  • It turned out to be an issue with Microsoft Wndows and Chrome. Nothing to do with Citrix. Hate when people jump to conclusion without making observation or asking questions
    Tuesday, October 22, 2019 6:58 PM
  • Hi ,

In my environment, the application can be seen under the windows 10 notification & actions:

Since you build the Windows 10 image on Citrix Virtual desktop, I am not sure if you are using original image.

Please understand, windows 10 Virtualization forum is a place to ask question about virtualization, like hyper-v related question.

If your question is more related with windows system, I would suggest you have this asked in windows 10 general forum,here is the link:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/home?forum=win10itprogeneral

Best Regards,

Candy

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 3:14 AM