none
Edge and TechNet Forums RRS feed

• Question

• Does everyone have as many problems in the TechNet forums as I do using Edge?

- Copy and paste doesn't work all of the time.

- The page will just randomly refresh on me most of the time while typing an answer -- I've lost so many answers this way that I've then had to re-type. It's seems this often happens after I hit the backspace or after I hit enter but it doesn't always happen so I have never narrowed it down. (My keyboard has taken the brunt of my frustration here.)

I don't have either of these issues in Firefox, IE, or Safari.

Anyone experienced this or anything close?

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 11:25 PM

All replies

• So my first line, saw this in Edge, replying in IE11 due to issues with TechNet forum and Edge.

Second, I am on the Insider Build. TechNet forum has not worked with Edge for me for a few Insider Builds reported many times in the Feedback hub, search Feedback hub for TechNet to see, first reported in 14267 (now on 14332 same issue)

So what build, what Edge?

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 11:39 PM
  • I'm on Insider Preview 14332 as well. I don't honestly remember it ever working.

Glad I'm not alone.

Although as I type this (in Edge) it's appears to be working OK -- my system just rebooted due to a hotfix though. I'm not saying it fixed this issue, just that I'm lucky this time :-)

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 1:55 AM
  • Edge making a TechNet reply, surely not?

Ok that was a carriage return, ok still here not refreshed. fdf er ert er rg dgvvvcx spellcheck not crashing it... hmm

link to this post er a link too, what's going on? 14342 and might actually manage a reply in the TechNet forum in the Edge with carriage returns and link!

edit too? ok.

• Edited by -Mr Happy- Wednesday, May 11, 2016 7:21 PM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2016 7:19 PM
  • Bah Edge back to refreshing the page for me, so not sure if something I have done but no longer working with build 14342 and TechNet forum text editor :(
    Thursday, May 12, 2016 6:11 PM
  • Bah Edge back to refreshing the page for me

Or crashing and recovering so quickly that you think it is just a "refresh"?   <eg>

Any clues in the event log?  ProcMon would help you know for sure.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, May 12, 2016 11:33 PM
  • Ok thanks for that. Crashing as there is a WerFault logged, but not visible at all to user, only affects the one tab i.e. see it refresh. This is re-creatable for an would think for anyone else on an Insider Build that tries. If not be interested in trying to work out the differences or what it is I do to crash it.

Faulting application name: microsoftedgecp.exe, version: 11.0.14342.1000, time stamp: 0x572d5869
    Faulting module name: edgehtml.dll, version: 11.0.14342.1000, time stamp: 0x572d5d6b
    Exception code: 0xc0000602
    Fault offset: 0x00000000009038ce
    Faulting process ID: 0x1acc
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d1ad3f37f6b293
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\microsoftedgecp.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\edgehtml.dll
    Report ID: 478fcdf6-4bbb-421d-9809-fb828d7858df
    Faulting package full name: Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_38.14342.1000.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Faulting package-relative application ID: MicrosoftEdge

• Edited by -Mr Happy- Friday, May 13, 2016 6:09 PM
    Friday, May 13, 2016 6:08 PM
  • I am using RTM version 1511 with latest update and there is no such issue on Edge when operating in TechNet forum.

Would you mind to test this issue in other similar forum like answers or MSDN to see if there is the similar issue?

If so, that could be the issue for Edge to render this site, for domain environment, you can try the Enterprise mode for Edge to use compatibility document mode to see the results.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/microsoft-edge/emie-to-improve-compatibility

Since the insider version is still in developing, we can also feedback this issue in Windows Feedback, and hope if the product team can find the root cause and release updates to fix this issue.

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, May 19, 2016 3:44 PM
    Owner
  • Answers is fine, MDSN same issue for me. This is an Insider issue as 1511 works fine. I have asked another question in the Insider forum to make this distinction clear. Edge crashes using TechNet \ MSDN text editor

The Enterprise mode says open the site in IE11. IE11 works fine that what I use to reply on this forum.

Thursday, May 19, 2016 5:27 PM
  • 14352 can reply and use the TechNet forum, so try again with 14352. Been using it for week and been ok (well ok for replying at least :D )
    Saturday, June 4, 2016 4:53 PM
  • Good to know. I've ditched IP on my main system (for now) though.

Saturday, June 4, 2016 9:02 PM