none
Feature updates removing Intel Network Adapter Driver for Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• When I install feature updates, the Intel Network Adapter Driver for Windows 10 (from here) is being removed.  This causes the host to lose IP connectivity after the feature update is applied.  I use this driver for the teaming feature as well as it being the driver for my particular NIC variant.

I've had this same issue happen going from 1703 -> 1909 and from 1909 -> 2004

Is this normal behaviour of a feature update?  Is there anything we can do to stop this from happening?

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 6:09 AM

All replies

• It seems that this Intel Network Adapter Driver exists some compatibility issue for the latest Windows 10 feature update, need to be removed in order to make upgrade successful.

You could use GPO to prevent update from influencing driver:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update

Enable Do not include drivers with Windows Update policy.

Regards

"Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 7:59 AM
  • Does this actually stop the removal of existing drivers?  The GPO description says that it stops the system downloading drivers from Windows Update, not that it stops the driver removal.

Full disclosure - these systems are using a WSUS for the update source which does not have any drivers on it.  So there would not be any new driver to install from WSUS.

Thursday, June 18, 2020 2:34 AM
  • After this GPO applied, Windows Update will not influence current drivers state. Just an idea, you could have a try.

"Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Monday, June 22, 2020 6:46 AM