none
Way to update GPO ADMX to W10 1803 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm searching information about the upgrade for GPO (admx to w10 1803). Currently we have the last version of windows 8.1, and have some older GPO of Windows 7, shared on domain DC and the GPO are shared on \\domain.loc\sysvol.

The problem is that i'm watching that on W10 GPO update is possible to lost some old GPO admin, losing this options or dissapear.

There some way to update this GPO without lose older GPO?

Regards,

Gerardo,

Monday, July 15, 2019 10:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your question.

Group policy template file is used to display group policy settings in the GPMC or gpeditor, it would not affect existing GPO settings which are applied to clients.

When you're in group policy editing an object and using a template, the description of the template will say the minimum/maximum version(s) of Windows supported, and you won't lose any previously available templates.

Also don't forget the ADML file.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/4f0f7fbf-bbb1-48fe-bf25-132677ca1a53/updating-admx-files-without-breaking-older-admx?forum=winserverGP

Best regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 3:24 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 7:58 AM
  • The issue is in the same state.

Before, we need to deploy windows 10 and then add new admx GPO, but we are affraid about lose older policies and windows don't provide a good solution...

When finish the migration, i will mark all correct answers.

Thanks and regards,

Gerardo,

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 8:07 AM