none
Build error with VS 2015 Pro U2 and Always Encrypted sql RRS feed

• Question

• I have sql in a database project that generates the tables and builds fine within VS.  Now I want to incorporate Always Encrypted on a particular field in a particular table so I added the appropriate syntax to the field:

ENCRYPTED WITH (ENCRYPTION_TYPE = DETERMINISTIC, ALGORITHM = 'AEAD_AES_256_CBC_HMAC_SHA_256', COLUMN_ENCRYPTION_KEY = CEK_1)

With the addition above, intellisense complains and underlines the ENCRYPTED word.  When I try to build the project I get this error:

Error:  SQL46005: Expected FILESTREAM but encountered ENCRYPTED instead.

Not sure how to either have VS ignore my sql so that it can build properly, or change VS so that it understands the "new" syntax.  Prefer the latter so I can use my publish script to generate the db schema.  I'm using VS Pro 2015 Update 2 and all my projects target .NET 4.6.1 framework.

TIA.

• Moved by lake Xiao Wednesday, May 4, 2016 5:07 AM
    Tuesday, May 3, 2016 8:32 PM

All replies

• Hi TIA,

Since your problem is more related to the SQL Project. I moved it to the Transact-SQL  forum for better support.

Thanks for you understanding.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 5:07 AM
  • I am also getting the below error when I try to Encrypt the Data in Azure Managed instance(Using the master key and column encryption key in key vault). 

Any help is appreciated... Tired google this error and could not find any solution yet. 

Error:  SQL46005: Expected FILESTREAM but encountered ENCRYPTED instead.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 7:58 PM