none
Upgrade Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Enterprise language problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I've a problem with the upgrade to Windows10.

I wanted to upgrade a Windows7 Enterprise x64 (base language English + 3 MUI (German,Italian,French) ) to Windows 10 Enterpise.

I injected into Windows 10 .wim the cab of the needed languages (Ge,Fr,It) and tried to upgrade the OS, but I can't select the option: "Keep personal file, apps, and Windows settings" and the error shown is: "You can't keep Windows settings,peersonal files, and apps because you've chosen to install Windows 10 using a different language than you're currently using."

I already tried to set the UI in english before starting the upgrade procedure.

Btw language packs inside win10 are working because the setup is in Italian when the UI of Win7 is in italian.

Thanks for helping

Thursday, August 6, 2015 1:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

From the message it seems that the language of the Windows 7 system is not the same as the Windows 10 copy you are trying to install.

I have not test to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 with multiple language packages installed yet. Instead of working on language packages, can you uninstall language packages from Windows 7 and upgrade it to an English version of Windows 10?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 10, 2015 2:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

From the message it seems that the language of the Windows 7 system is not the same as the Windows 10 copy you are trying to install.

I have not test to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 with multiple language packages installed yet. Instead of working on language packages, can you uninstall language packages from Windows 7 and upgrade it to an English version of Windows 10?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 10, 2015 2:11 AM
  • "From the message it seems that the language of the Windows 7 system is not the same as the Windows 10 copy you are trying to install."

That is indeed exactly what the message says.

I wonder what is the point of a reply that:

a) quotes again the text of a message that was already quoted in the original post

and then

b) says that you have not tested upgrading a system where a multiple language package was used.

Instead of such replies, could you not find someone who knows about upgrades from multiple language packages and get them to reply?

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, September 1, 2015 1:21 PM "and get them to reply" added
    Tuesday, September 1, 2015 1:19 PM