none
Windows 7 dosen't recognize my sound card.

Question

• I have Creative Supreme FX X-Fi, adn when I try to install drivers 7 doesn't recognize it.
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 11:00 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for your posts.

Based on my research, I would like to suggest the following:

1.    Since there might be no Windows 7 driver for this audio device, please try to install the Windows Vista driver for this device with Compatibility Mode or “Run as administrator” and see how it works.

You can get the Windows Vista driver here:

Maximus II Formula Audio driver for Windows Vista Version 6.10.X.6480

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

2.    Please go to Device Manager and see if there is an unknown device with a yellow exclamation mark.

If the device exists, please try the following to apply its driver:

1)    Download the driver via the link which in Step #1,

2)    After downloading, please extract it to the desktop.

3)    Go to Device Manager.

4)    Navigate to the audio device (or the unknown device with a yellow exclamation mark), right-click on it and select “Update Driver software”.

5)    When the “Update Driver software” window appears, please choose “Browse my computer for driver software”, and locate the folder which you have just extracted, check the item “Include subfolders” and click Next. Then the driver will be applied automatically.

6)    After installing, reboot the computer to see if it works.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:59 AM

All replies

• I believe that there is no such thing as a *Creative* Supreme FX X-FI. What drivers are you trying?

I suppose that you havean Asus product. It uses an Analog devices chipset, with a software utility to emulate the Creative X-Fi.

You need Soundmax drivers, plus the X-Fi software utility.

I don't know whether the Vista drivers would work, but they'd be worth a try. I see some for the Asus Maximus II Formula mainboard at support.asus.com. (I'd paste a link, but Asus is fond of putting spaces in their URLs.)

Hope this helps.
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 2:55 PM
  • Yes, I have Asus Maximus II Formula, and my sound card uses Creatives drivers. And Vista drivers doesn't work, because they won't recognize my sound card.
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 3:03 PM
  • No, it doesn't use Creative drivers.

It uses Analog Devices Soundmax drivers.

The X-Fi bit is software emulation of a Creative X-Fi card. (That is under license from Creative.) It's supplied by a separate utility.
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 3:27 PM
  • But my biggest problem is, that Windows 7 can't recognize my Sound Card.
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 3:28 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your posts.

Based on my research, I would like to suggest the following:

1.    Since there might be no Windows 7 driver for this audio device, please try to install the Windows Vista driver for this device with Compatibility Mode or “Run as administrator” and see how it works.

You can get the Windows Vista driver here:

Maximus II Formula Audio driver for Windows Vista Version 6.10.X.6480

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

2.    Please go to Device Manager and see if there is an unknown device with a yellow exclamation mark.

If the device exists, please try the following to apply its driver:

1)    Download the driver via the link which in Step #1,

2)    After downloading, please extract it to the desktop.

3)    Go to Device Manager.

4)    Navigate to the audio device (or the unknown device with a yellow exclamation mark), right-click on it and select “Update Driver software”.

5)    When the “Update Driver software” window appears, please choose “Browse my computer for driver software”, and locate the folder which you have just extracted, check the item “Include subfolders” and click Next. Then the driver will be applied automatically.

6)    After installing, reboot the computer to see if it works.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:59 AM
  • Nicholas,

I have an Alienware M9700 laptop with integrated audio by SoundMax. The Win7 installed did not recognize the audio devices and I have tried to load the Vista driver that came with my laptop and it is not functioning. I have searched for an answer and cannot find a resolution. Please advise.

Thank you,
    Brian
    Friday, August 21, 2009 11:16 PM