none
Cannot succesfully install Intel's Gigabit Ethernet Driver version 16.6

Question

• I have tried MicrosoftFixit, MicrosoftFixit50123, msicuu2.exe, all to no avail.  When I install the drivers, this shows up at the end of the log:

CustomAction CA_INSTALL_CRT_X64 returned actual error code 2 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
    MSI (s) (18:F4) [15:31:59:109]: Product: Intel(R) Network Connections -- Error 1713.Intel(R) Network Connections cannot install one of its required products. Contact your technical support group.  System Error: 1631.

Error 1713.Intel(R) Network Connections cannot install one of its required products. Contact your technical support group.  System Error: 1631.
    Action ended 15:31:59: CA_INSTALL_CRT_X64. Return value 3.
    Action ended 15:31:59: INSTALL. Return value 3.
    MSI (s) (18:F4) [15:31:59:110]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Intel(R) Network Connections. Product Version: 16.6.0.0. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Intel. Installation success or error status: 1603.

Any suggestions?  (I've uninstalled and reinstalled as well.)

Thanks!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 10:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

For this driver issue, I suggest you to contact the Intel Support for the latest version of this driver. This may be caused by the driver which is not appropriate for this kind of device.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, October 28, 2011 9:45 AM

All replies

• What's your OS version? 32bit pr 64bit?
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 8:11 PM
  • Hi,

For this driver issue, I suggest you to contact the Intel Support for the latest version of this driver. This may be caused by the driver which is not appropriate for this kind of device.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, October 28, 2011 9:45 AM