User Profile Service service failed to login RRS feed

• Question

• I can't seem to create new User Accounts. When I create a new User Account, I am able to manage the new account, but it doesn't create new folders and when I try logging into the new User Account, I get "User Profile Service service failed to login" and I can only log in using my account and another that I migrated to the new system. I can't seem to get any answers on any other forums or tech sites.

Can anyone help?

Win7-Ultimate
    Friday, November 27, 2009 3:48 PM

Answers

• Any other suggestions?

Is your c:\users\default folder ok, did the account transfer break it somehow? New users folders will be copied from here, so if you are not getting these, this could be the problem...
    • Marked as answer by DanerCPH Monday, November 30, 2009 1:06 AM
    Sunday, November 29, 2009 6:58 PM

All replies

• Did you do an upgrade of some kind?

Check the permissions on C:\Users (or wherever your user profiles are stored) for any strange entries. You should have (based on mine):

SYSTEM - Full Control
    Administrators - Full Control
    Users - Read & Execute
    Everyone - Read & Execute

Saturday, November 28, 2009 2:14 AM
  • Did you do an upgrade of some kind?

Check the permissions on C:\Users (or wherever your user profiles are stored) for any strange entries. You should have (based on mine):

SYSTEM - Full Control
    Administrators - Full Control
    Users - Read & Execute
    Everyone - Read & Execute

I did a clean install of Win7-Ultimate and then migrated my user accounts from prior Vista HP using Windows Easy Transfer.
    My permissions on C:\Users is just like yours.
    Any other suggestions?
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 5:50 AM
  • Any other suggestions?

Is your c:\users\default folder ok, did the account transfer break it somehow? New users folders will be copied from here, so if you are not getting these, this could be the problem...
    • Marked as answer by DanerCPH Monday, November 30, 2009 1:06 AM
    Sunday, November 29, 2009 6:58 PM
  • Hmmm! The folder is not there. Could I have deleted it thinking it was was an unnecessary user account transferred over? How do I get it back? Do I just create one called Default?

---

Got it! I copied the Default folder from my Old Computer files I stored (just in case), logged out, and logged into the new account and it worked with all the new folders in the new account. Genius!
    Thanks a lot.
    Monday, November 30, 2009 12:47 AM