none
MDT driver management for different versions of Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• So I'm setting up a brand new MDT at work in preparation for our Windows 7 to Windows 10 migration, was planning on using the total control method. 

But since each version of Windows 10 has their own set of drivers, I'm not really sure on what the best setup for that is. What I tried on our previous MDT where I did some W10 testing I set up it up like this:

Out-of the box driver \ Windows 10 \ HP \ EliteBook 700 \ 1809 \ drivers.sys, etc

During my testing that worked fine since the injector just grabs the drivers it needs. But I'm wondering if there's a better way to do it? Couldn't really find anything on this 90% of the tutorials and guides out there are made during the Windows 7 / 8  era and didn't really have this problem. 

Would appreciate any tips on how to best manage this as I wanna set it up right for the beginning!

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 8:41 PM

All replies

• I've also seen that HP have driver packs for each Win 10 version. But sometimes they are also the same. I usually use the latest driver pack for each model, even if I deploy an older Win 10 version.
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 8:17 AM
  • I've also seen that HP have driver packs for each Win 10 version. But sometimes they are also the same. I usually use the latest driver pack for each model, even if I deploy an older Win 10 version.
    Hmm, true. You would rarely ever deploy an older set of drivers. But I think I'll keep my way of doing it, until I find something better. This way you instantly knew which drivers have been added to the MDT without having to check the documentation or anything!

Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:38 PM