none
Windows 10 Kiosk Mode Edge Browser RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I am running a computer in Windows 10 Pro In Kiosk Mode (Assigned Access) and this will run a Single Microsoft store app in full screen. The app running is Windows Edge running a single URL to my company's server.

Kiosk mode restricts the users from accessing desktop, switch apps or change settings. Which is exactly what I want. I plan to use this PC for public use, to ONLY display content from our server. The public users cannot do anything else on this pc.

The issue I am having is in this Kiosk Mode - running Edge. Right click is enabled and this brings up the Microsoft Edge Context Menu. The public users can highlight a text, and do a "Search the Web for <whatever is highlighted>". This brings up another webpage and brings the computer to be unusable. This new webpage is blocked in fullscreen and due to the system being in Kiosk mode, we are unable to get out of this screen. Only option is to Ctrl Alt Del, and log back in . 

How do I disable Windows Edge Context Menu or disable the right click on the mouse for Windows Edge? because their is also other links like Read aloud I want no possible way to navigate away from our intended page im sure this must have something to do with the bing search engine but even disabling that would still have other options in the context menu like read aloud which I do not want

Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Monday, November 18, 2019 3:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

No, we can’t disable Edge context menu search or right-click option.

We will be able to disable right click option in Windows, but will not be able to disable on any particular program like Edge and other Browsers.

For your security demand, you could configure firewall to allow only specific websites can be access to, and disable extensions in group policy.

In fact, your edge question, you’d better ask for help from edge forum

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/edge

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn. 

Thanks for your understanding and cooperating.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 6:43 AM