none
Unknown USB Device when connecting Samsung F480 phone

Question

• My Samsung F480 mobile phone is not recognized as a working usb device when I connect it to my laptop. I'm running Windows 7, and all my other usb devices work perfectly, except this one. I have downloaded and installed the appropriate driver package and software (updated as well) over and over, but everytime to the same effect. The usb driver from Samsung does not seem to work under Windows 7, but used to work in Vista.

Any advice?
    Monday, June 15, 2009 5:35 PM

Answers

• Hi scott. Thanks for the reply.i tried installing the drivers in compatibility mode,but am still getting a device failure error: usb device not recognized. I notice the phone charging when i start up my pc,but as soon as windows 7 loads it stops. Guess ill have to wait for the windows 7 driver release from samsung. Thanks
    Wednesday, July 01, 2009 10:10 PM

All replies

• Hello Kion85,

You can try installing the Windows Vista driver package in compatibility mode by right-clicking the exe file and select troubleshoot compatibility.
    -Scott
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 4:37 AM
  • Hi scott. Thanks for the reply.i tried installing the drivers in compatibility mode,but am still getting a device failure error: usb device not recognized. I notice the phone charging when i start up my pc,but as soon as windows 7 loads it stops. Guess ill have to wait for the windows 7 driver release from samsung. Thanks
    Wednesday, July 01, 2009 10:10 PM